Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Someday....... I'm gonna write a book.........

This thought passed through my mind this morning as I went in to get one of my residents started on his day. In addition to his good morning,I was greeted with the discovery that his cathater bag had leaked (AGAIN)all over the place (Okay! just in one place, but it went through ALL the bedding in that one spot, translating into four additional loads of laundry and a shower [which by the way is not greeted "warmly" - pun intended - in our current cold weather].

They say that everyone has a book inside of them, waiting to be written. I have several, and thought it might be fun to share a few of my ideas with you. Below is a partial list:

1). Adventures With a Cathater (101 ways they can AND DO make a mess)

2). What I Learned as a Home Healthcare Worker (this one containes chapters like "How to dispose of a dead squirrel without touching and/or looking at it", and "How to wrestle a dead rabbit out of a dog's mouth without touching and/or looking at it (see how helpful the first chapter was?)

3). How to Get Anyone to Eat Healthy Whole Foods (My secret; Just make enough for your dinner and everyone else will want what you're having)

4). There is the whole "body" series: A Day in the Life of: mouth, stomach, ears, eyes. I thought about brain, but decided that this was would be to scary to subject others to.

5). My "Senior" series: 101 ways to love, assist, honor, learn from, make the day of, respect, enjoy..... this list could go on for years.

6). Twenty-five Reasons to Get Out of Debt (Reason twenty-three - To make others jealous, Reason eleven - If you are not paying interest on credit cards, you will have hundreds of extra dollars each years to spend on shoes, Reason number one - To get back at the credit card companies (if everyone stopped using credit cards, they (the card companies) would be the ones spending sleepless nights wondering how they were going to manage)

7). The Power of Positive Thinking (How to ignore what is staring you right in the face)

8). How to ALWAYS Get Your Way (cleaver approaches to changing your mind about what you "really" wanted in the first place)

9). Two Steps Forward, and One Step Back (one woman's journey through life)

10). I _________ Exercise (a compilation of descriptive words to revitalize your work out)

I could go on and on, but duty calls (or in this case is trying to stand up without assistance and isn't safe to do this alone), so I will end my list for now.

Look for something special to happen today, if we keep our eyes open and our hearts aware amazing things WILL happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog and story inspires me. i've sent it to friends so they could laugh, get motivated and relate as well. superstar job with focus and persistance. i'm proud of you.