Sunday, January 08, 2006

I wanted To share something that has made a big difference in my outlook on things.

There is a singer by the name of Jana Stanfield. She writes music about life, and one of her goals is to empower women. One of the songs she sings is entitled "Nothing I can do about it now". Talk about enpowering!! How many times have you beat your self up over and over about something you said or did..... something you wish you could take back????? It is very liberating to simply let those things go and move on. How much time we waste trying to undo things when eventually, the only thing we can do is to just move beyond them?

While I was on the treadmill with my ipod I heard another of her songs entitled "Next Right Step". Some of the words are "What do you do when troubles get you down.... Thank that trouble then find your way around. Turn to the right, move ahead, just keep taking that next right step.". By taking these words to heart, I have been able to move forward rather than remain stuck in a situation that is not producing feelings of happiness and contentment.

To remind ourselves that we CAN take control of things is one of the best things we can do for our health, well-being, and happiness.

Patty

No comments: