Monday, March 31, 2008

Fred has a home.............................

As I stated in the past, I AM NOT keeping Fred the cat. One of our resident's has agreed to adopt him instead.

A few nights back, I was sitting in the living room, and (my) Mister wanders in, glances out the window and says, "Hey! There is a cat that looks JUST LIKE FRED, over at the neighbors." It took me a couple of seconds to "hear" what he said then, "What do you mean a cat that looks just like Fred? Is it Fred?" By this time the cat was gone, and Fred was not in the house. We were certain of this because a shake or two from the kitty treat can and all cats within hearing distance are at ones foot within thirty seconds.

Being the smart man that he is, (my) Mister took the can to the streets. He shook it at the end of the driveway and Fred came a runnin from four houses down. Nutty cat...

So, being the nice lady that I am, I took Fred for a check-up on my resident's behalf. My truck is still waiting for transmission work, my youngest was still at work (which was why I had to take Fred in the first place) so that left (my) Mister's truck. Every since the thingy broke off to move the seat forward I drive it as little as possible. This day when I got in, the door wouldn't shut. (my) Mister instructed me to role down the window. The knob on the end of the window crack is broke off and jagged, but I managed. Next, "as you are shutting the door you have to pull up on the door through the open window. Be careful NOT to catch your fingers in the door!" With certain moves my left (post fractured) wrist is still a bit weak, but with a little assistance I got the door shut (opting to worry about how to shut it after the vet visit later) to the parting words of, "better lock it just to be safe." I go to back out and there is no rear view mirror. The passengers side mirror is there, but dangling by a couple of wires. (my) Mister says, "Ya! just lean over a bit and it works just fine."

As I am backing down the driveway I hear in the distance, "Be careful with my baby," and he wasn't talking about Fred.

But you know what? His truck runs great! The ride was smooth, no engine knocks, grinds, or lurches. So what if it has over two hundred thirty thousand miles on it. When I shared with (my) Mister how well I thought the truck ran, his comment was, "I know. It IS a little noisy on the freeway though." Do you think this might be because the door doesn't shut all the way???

There have been some times (especially of late) that we easily could have talked ourselves into taking out a loan or two. Refusing to cross that line not only gives me GREAT blog material (as in the above funny story), it has proven time and again how blessed and taken care of we are. We have all the things we need and then some. The money ALWAYS arrives when we need it for necessities. That truck, with all of it's cosmetic flaws (I prefer the term old-age wrinkles) makes the one-way hour trip to and from work five days a week. It allows me to run my errands while we save up to get the other vehicle fixed. Heck, it even doubles as storage as (my) Mister has the back end filled with crap that was suppose to have found it's way to the junk yard but hasn't as of yet.

Each month we get closer to having our credit card debt paid off and never having to deal with those crooks again. In many ways I feel like I have been sentenced, learned my lesson, and am about to be freed from bondage. Except for our house payment, all the money we earn will FINALLY be ours to spend ANYWAY WE CHOOSE. Most of my adult life, my paychecks were already spent before I received them. The future we are guaranteed to have now (a fab retirement, with money in the back), is definitely worth all the things we have put off having until we had the cash in hand. And I am doubly blessed to have a husband and child that feels the same way as I do and has been willing to sacrifice right along side of me. Money is NOT everything, LOVE IS!

8 comments:

Maria said...

Money is the one thing in my life that probably causes me the most stress. I tend to worry about what will happen if? and what will happen when?

I can't just let go. I wish I could.

Patty said...

How much money would it take to make you feel REALLY secure Maria? Figure that out first, and then attract it to you with positive statements. The words, "I can't just let go" is setting your intention. Try "I have all the money I need" instead. The universe doesn't know the difference between a fear, a wish, or a reality of the moment so ignore your fear, and state your wish as fact until reality catches up with it.

Another really excellent thing to do to attract money to you is to give some away. Works like a charm.

The Girl Next Door said...

ROTFLMAO Someone has been watching/reading The Secret! :) Maria watch it if you have not. Also something I have been doing lately is looking at the feeling I get when I spend it, THAT feeling is what is really the problem not the money itself. Recognize and find a way to fill your spirit and you will find your money worries will lessen. In the end your thought process is what is killing you, expending your energy into the "oh God what if I can't pay..." actually is sending out negative energy, focus on the possitive and bring more possitive energy back. Sound stupid but it works. On that note, I am still working on this myself so I feel your pain but even the minor changes I have made in my thinking and habits have shown great return.

Oh and Patty having a resident adopt the cat does not a cat given a new home make!!!!! You naughty mouse (this is what I say to Joci who btw is now saying it too everyone and thing! LOL). We ALMOST got a kitten yesterday for Boo. However her first two attempts at picking up said kitten involved choking, the third an fourth invovled squeezing the ever loving crap out of it... he squealed too... and the fifth involved me grabbing hands before they could make contact and saying to the extreemly calm and nice lady "I don't think she is ready for a kitten yet!" LMAO Needless to say... we will be getting one soon I think but I am waiting for "someone" to take his dogs first!

Random Musings said...

I love reading your stories Patty, and for some reason when I replied to the email you send me with SQUEALS and SCREAMS about your good fortune with the DSW bucks and how jealously I was it bounced back... twice... i think there is something wrong with yahoo...
I will try again because I am certain you will giggle at it

Patty said...

Hey T~girl, My thoughts create MY reality so I am NOT keeping Fred in my reality. If I am in yours that is fine by me (LOL).

I have not read the secret, and don't plan to. From what I hear I have been living it, and wouldn't want to mess things up by finding I have been doing something wrong according to the book.

And T~girl identifying your feelings about money is a great idea. I used to believe that I never had money for fun or vacation due to the way I was brought up (my childhood family words/behaviors) and when I took the time to create a positive statement about it and write it (by hand) for thirty days in a row (this was years ago) that belief system changed/dissapeared. Now ya all know the great vacations I have been on over the last couple of years, all with cash, and none of them breaking the budget.

Thanks for offering Maria encouragement T~girl. Us gals all have to stick together and lean on one another's experiences.

Patty said...

Random,

As soon as I can pry the one pair out of my youngest's hands I will post pictures.

The Girl Next Door said...

Patty I like that idea of writing down for thirty days, it is along the same concept as a gratitude journal. I use to use a similar prinicple with patients but never had them write it out like that, least not in the same manner but I can definitly see the benifit of it. Would really inforce the idea wouldn't it.

Oh and if that is your reality well, I suppose I can't say anything right?! Hey did you hear about De Nile... it is a river in Africa! ROTFLMAO I am just picking on you! Personally I think animals are wonderful additions to the elderlies life. The right pet can really bring much love, enjoyment and feeling of worth to them so if all else fails you can think of him as a business expense! Kind of an entertainment or maybe a life improvement expense! What... I am just trying to help you get out of Eygpt! ;)

Patty said...

I have already discussed Fred with my account, LOL!