Wednesday, March 19, 2008

BLIND HORSE....................................



Read this, and then we will chat...







Just up the road from my home is a field, with two horses in it.

From a distance, each horse looks like any other horse. But if you stop your car, or are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing....

Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind. His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him.


This alone is amazing.


If you stand nearby and listen, you will hear the sound of a bell. Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field. Attached to the horse's halter is a small bell.


It lets the blind friend know where the other horse is, so he can follow.


As you stand and watch these two friends, you'll see that the horse with the bell is always checking on the blind horse, and that the blind horse will listen for the bell and then slowly walk to where the other horse is, trusting that he will not be led astray.


When the horse with the bell returns to the shelter of the barn each evening, it stops occasionally and looks back, making sure that the blind friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.


Good friends are like that ...


You may not always see them, but you know they are always there.


Please listen for my bell and I'll listen for yours.


And remember...


Be kinder than necessary------


Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.


Live simply,


Love generously,


Care deeply,


Speak kindly....



***********************************************************************************

I had a good five minute cry after reading this. Since it is NOT PMS time I am wondering if I have been unintentionally been being a bad friend to someone? If you are reading this and believe this to be you, please accept my heartfelt apology and let's talk.


I have been pretty self absorbed lately, though I prefer to call it introspective. Working on manifesting new residents, my next career move, the Course in Miracles, and other self-improvement tasks has taken me farther out of the world than just running a home-based 24/7 business ever has. Am I selfish because I am liking it? Having spent MUCH of my life doing for others and putting them first, I am going to say no.


Having said that, I will admit to finding it hard to strike a balance. Black OR white has always been one of my baseline problems. I am either in the world or out, passionately pursuing some new idea or totally coasting on neutral. Blissful or angry at the world, completely consumed or not giving a rat's you-know-what. This doesn't always make it easy for those around me, but when I am on the manic end things DO get done! OMG! Do you think I qualify for a psych diagnosis???

See what I mean?


So, yesterday I got wind of yet another new book, and became completely obsessed with having to have it. Being the dutiful budget(er), I looked it up on Amazon new books and since it is so new, with shipping it would have only saved me a couple of dollars and I would have had to wait days to get it in my possession. I totally figured out how to justify the expense ($25) and got hold of my youngest to have her pick up the book on her way home.


That not being selfish enough, I left poor Mister to do all the night care while I climbed into bed to read for three and a half hours last night (knowing I would have to function today was the only thing that got me to stop reading and go to sleep). That guy is such a blessing in my life!

Oh! The title of the book that got me in such a tither?

THE INSTRUCTION Living the Life Your Soul Intended, by Ainslie MacLeod

I have determined I am a level 9 soul which means I still have some lives to live. Also, that I have issues with a desire for safety, and the challenge of obstinacy and restlessness. To work on these things one taps into their spirit guides, which I have also been working on doing (though not as much as I should have been) since the first of the year. I think they sent me the book to get me back on track with chatting them up on a more regular basis.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

4 comments:

Random Musings said...

Great story.. That is really neat.
About the book, you will have to do a book review (like you have the time)..lol

Patty said...

I can do a very simple review right now.

Anyone that is on a spiritual journey (or is feeling led to begin one) would benefit greatly from reading this book.

If nothing else it is helping me to make sense of some unresolved childhood issues.

Request it from your local library since it is not out in paperback yet and cost $25. I never read hard cover additions. It is hurting my chest (which is where I set it when reading) and it is a small book. I am very sensitive about things touching me.

The Girl Next Door said...

Oh we need to talk about this spirit guide stuff. It is part of my journey also to become more intouch with mine agian. Intersting book, I will ahve to check it out. I am currently reading.. crap I am so tired I can't remember... The Oprah book by Eckhart Tolle. I wanted to do the class also but I forgot! LOL

What is this course in miricles thing you are talking about. I think you meantioned it before but now I want a more definitive answer! LOL

Patty said...

T-girl,

I would love to say I was reading Tolle's book, but I can only say it is on my chairside table, waiting to be read. It HAS made it's way to the top of the pile, so there is hope!

Will be in touch soon...