Monday, March 10, 2008

Six weeks...........................

Yup, it's been that long, so my self-imposed fasting from blog land is over.

The past six weeks have been really good for/to me, and to try and give you all a re-cap wouldn't do it justice, so I will share a bit about my weekend with you instead...

My youngest has started training for our annual 78 mile trail relay so she decided she would come running with me on Saturday afternoon. As we reached the end of the driveway a young cat came up to us and then started jogging with us down the road. When it stopped at the end of the street, we decided we would deal with the kitty in the cold when we got back if it were still there.

Sure enough, Kitty picked us up when we started down our street, and kept following us right into our garage. What else could we do but give him/her some food, water, and a warm blanket? Kitty knew what to do with everything and was soon curled up in a ball puring contentedly.

Kitty looked to be in VERY good shape. Small, but not scrawny, came when called, and let us pick him/her up like it was the most natural thing in the world. This cat had to belong to someone. My youngest went to several homes on the block and the best that could be discovered was the kitty had been in the neighborhood for three days.

Saturday night, the phone rang and (my) Mister was on the phone for more than two minutes. No one EVER calls him so I ask who it was (he promised to love, honor, and let me be nosy so it was okay to ask), and soon I was talking to a woman about Kitty. Seems one of my neighbors has called her to discuss what she should do about kitty and the woman on the phone told her she would call the people on our street and see if anyone had lost a cat. I shared with her that we had brought the cat into the garage, we are talking about other animal things and all of a sudden she says, "Wait! Is this Patty?" As I was trying to recall if I had said anything I shouldn't have about anyone in the short conversation I replied in the affirmative and ask who I was talking to. Turns out it is one of the women I met and had contact with about the dog park last spring. Once we discovered this she said she would tell the concerned woman not to worry any longer because she knew the kitty was with a lover of animals and would do right by it. What a nice compliment.

So you all know where the story goes from here. By Sunday morning I had deemed that our house guest needed more than the cold garage could offer so kitty was invited inside. I checked for flees and ear mites (clean on both counts...THIS IS AN INSIDE CAT) and washed one of his paws to see if the dingy whiteness came clean. Nope... He has all ecru colored paws, I just thought they were dirty. Not a scratch, hiss, or arching of the back occurred when I was messing with kitty. Talk about a laid back personality.

Currently he is running around the house while the other four pets hide in corners, planning their mutiny. Being psychic and all I can "hear" them thinking. Enough is enough! I'm not sharing my people with one more critter no matter what they think!"

NO!... NO! NO!... We are not keeping Kitty. I will call animal control today and see if anyone has reported him/her missing, and we also have a lead on someone that lost a cat and might be ready to take on another. Anyone out there want a new kitty?

1 comment:

Random Musings said...

YEEEPPEEEE and HUURRAAAHHHHH and I even blog about this...
I am so glad you are back!!
**sighs in relief***
And also that kitty has found a new home!! (for now anyways)