Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another check in the mail.......................

Remember one of my New Year's mantra, "The check is in the mail?" Well you are going to LOVE where the latest one came from...

Long time readers might recall that LAST February I took a cruise in conjunction with doing a half marathon in New Orleans. When I cruise I put a cash deposit down once on board to pay for the things I might purchase on the ship. Well, that cruise I didn't spend much so I was cut a check at departure time for the difference. Apparently I didn't cash the check because yesterday I received another check from the cruise line (for $168.47) with a note that said I had not cashed the first one, and if I find it please destroy it.

It is NOT my style to not cash a check. I can't believe that I didn't cash it, and yet I am not even going to try and remember something that may or may not have happened over a year ago. Since I went on the cruise first and did the half second it makes sense that I stuck the check somewhere or trashed it with other things at the hotel. Normally I can tell you down the the penny where all of our money is.

Still, I gotta say that spending a few minutes repeating my mantra is much easier than taking on a second job. To date, the total of "checks that came in the mail" unexpectedly is over $500.00, and this in just over three months. I think it is a great return on my time investment.

And just in case you are interested in manifesting money of your own, another key phrase I have picked up over the past six weeks is, "I am in the process of..."

And then there is my manifestation "debt free/money in the bank" board. The latest addition to it was over the weekend. I made a sign that said, "We own it," and (my) Mister and I held up the sign in front of our house while the youngest took our picture of us. Now that picture is on the board and I am "in the process of living in a paid for house!" Life is good!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

WOOO HOOOO, this is fantastic. Good for you. Love that you took the picture. This is totally the principle of the The Secret. Just ask the universe for what it is you want and believe that it will happen. Okay, I am probably way simplifying it, but that is the concept.

Patty said...

I believe it really is that simple Nancy. Of course others have difficulty believing in things they can't touch which is why I shared the example of the checks, tangable evidence of said beliefs.

Random Musings said...

Very cool.. and good idea
Seeing how not having a job is not fun I am going to go watch the secret....

Patty said...

NO Random, you can't say I don't have a job because those thoughts keep you in that space. Say instead, "I am in the PROCESS of having a (new) job." Then spend your time planning what that job looks and feels like in your mind. Make a "new job manifestation board." Give you a chance to use all that scrapboarding stuff that you have.