Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ramblings........................

Most of the time I have at least a slight idea of what I want to post about before I start typing. Also, most of the time I end up typing things I had no thought of prior to them coming out on paper. This peaceful Saturday morning, I feel like my brain is on vacation, and my fingers are on their own.

After a shakey Monday morning, my training diet and exercise program has gotten off to a good start. I have eaten breakfast everyday, though one of those days it was much closer to ten than nine by the time I got started. I have lifted weights, ran, and even did my stretching, and a little core work.

I also dug out my knitting this week. Have not done that since last February when I was on vacation. So what if I only knitted about six rows of the sock I am working on, it is a start. And just so you know I am not a total lazy slug, I also got my daughter's skirt finished (except the hand work) and read a quarter of a novel. Might not seem like much to you, but fitting these things in represents a lot of ME time. Much more than the week before. Now that I have started these things up again, the "me" focus can grow.

In the continuing "Everytime I see that bathroom trim unpainted, ............ and when do you think you might get around to doing it, etc...?" conversation with (my) Mister, he told me something I found very interesting. He said he sees something that needs to be done, and then sees the next thing, and the next thing, etc... He becomes so overwhelmed that he ends up starting none of them, and so the list grows, he gets more overwhelmed, and on and on...

I think what I find so interesting about this is that he has been suffering this for close to three years. I know I am not made like him, but I just don't get this. Maybe because I rarely give in to feeling overwhelmed. I have more of an "If I don't do it, it won't get done, so I might as well get started" attitude. When I am feeling overwhelmed, it is the act of doing something, anything that makes me feel better. The simple act of doing actually makes me feel more in control. One more example that supports the statement "opposites attract."

Speaking of attracting, (my) Mister has started helping me on a very limited basis again. I feel confidant that I can keep his assistance limited enough that he doesn't feel taken advantage of again. During the last month we uncovered a few strange and scary things, but we were able to work through them and I am happy to report that we came through it much stronger as a couple; more commited than ever to hanging on to the love we share and to our marriage.

On that fine note, I will stop my rambling and get to work. Hope you have a super day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing the ways we can find to grow isn't it. I am glad you and Mister are getting back on track. Nuture each other and you will make it. Enjoy that "me" time that you are so deserving of too. Love ya' (ORA)

Patty said...

Talk about me time! I slept in until nine this morning, and now I have been drinking coffee and reading the paper, reading my favorite blogs. Feeling spoiled, nurtured, and lazy. What a great feeling!