Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Craving more.....................................

I finished my book, Sugar Blues, by: William Dufty. Now that I have, I can give you a recommendation to read it, and the sooner the better. If you are looking for a formula book for "How to cut sugar out of your life," this is NOT the book for you. It isn't until the last couple of chapters that he even touches on ways to lose the sugar in your life.

What this book does discuss is the fasinating history of sugar, and how it has corrupted every government in the world. It also talks about what it does to one's body (in the authors opinion, with lots of studies to back it up.) After reading all of these things, my moral componate wants to give up sugar on principal, and not just because it is bad for me.

As soon as I finished reading it, I got back on Amazon and have ordered three more books on the same subject I will let you know what I think of them as I begin to read them. Just to complain a tiny bit, I paid more to ship the three books than I did for the books themselves, so they had better be worth the collective price of $23.00. I know, compaired to retail,,,,, Stop Complaining!

How is the cutting sugar and processed foods out of my diet going? Glad you ask...

For the most part, things are going well. I am over most of the withdrawl symptoms, with only a little throat junk hanging in there. The stuff I had in my house I was doing well with ignoring, but then my hospitalized resident came home yesterday, and her son brought THREE loaves of the really good (white flour and sugar) bread from the bread store to try and fatten her up. My mouth actually started salivating just typing that right now! I have been strong so far, but it is a great example of what a stong pull those kinds of things have on me. I guess I need to sit mouth down and have ANOTHER long talk with her. She just doesn't seem to care about brain, heart, kidneys, liver, and the rest of the body. How about you? Which one of your body parts inherited your stubborn gene?

No comments: