Thursday, September 28, 2006

A feel good trip.......................

Last night I ventured out into the real world. I was looking for some yarn to make some Christmas presents, and (my) Mister needed some wood for laying the new floor in our addition.

The first yarn store (right around the corner from Home Depot) did not have what I needed, but the clerk suggested another store that might have it and looked up the phone number so I could call before driving over. Not in her job discription I'm sure, but she did it anyway.

The second yarn store is one of those places that is so wonderful you could spend an entire day just looking at all the wonderful colors and textures. I found some yarn that the owner thought would work for my project, but she handed me a pair of needles and invited me to sit and knit a swatch to make sure. While I would have loved to, I declined since I had left (my) Mister with the OPs and didn't want to take advantage of his assistance. Still, it was an extreamly kind offer.

On to get the wood. Okay, I confess... I played the dumb woman that knows nothing about wood, because I didn't feel like searching for what I needed. It worked like a charm, and after only one call to check on specifics, I was on my way out with the wood. The clerk ask if I would like help getting the wood loaded, so I said, "Why not?"

I pulled the truck up and since no one was there to help me I started loading it myself. As I was doing so, a customer about to enter the store ask if I would like some help. It was much easier with two of us lifting. He could have went about his business, but he took a few minutes to make a positive difference in a strangers life. A very cool thing indeed!

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to witness human kindness first hand last night. I know it exsists, and I know it begins with my attitude, but sometimes, it seems like I have to search high and wide to even catch a glimps of it.

So thank you to all my little angel helpers, those of you I don't know personally, and of course (my) Mister. To the rest of you, I encourage you to always practice kindness. Not only is it good for you, it does make a difference to those of us receiving it, and raises the vibrational love of the entire planet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is a such a nice feeling when people do that. When we went to Maui a couple years ago, we were helped by the local people when our car tire stuck to the sand,one family was on their way to a party, they stopped and helped. R & I decided then that we will buy whatever we wantin the local stores and not chains and eat only in the local restaurants (just our way of saying thank U)

Patty said...

Shankari,

That is a wonderful way of saying thank you!

Julia,

I tried to buy yarn on line once, when I ran out and needed to match some. I ended up finding it, through the manufacture, from an area store.

I think I am to tactile to buy yarn over web. I like to touch it and imagine the finished product before making my selection. When putting that much time and money into something I want it to be just right.

And I will confess, I have NEVER been to ebay, let alone make a purchase. What is wrong with me? I may change this, as I have ask (my) Mister to take on the project to learn how to sell on ebay. We are heading into our final year of getting out of debt, and I want to assure that we make the deadline, so I am hoping to reduce our possessions for profit. Any suggestions?