Monday, August 07, 2006

One of those little successes I was talking about...................

I had another emotionally stressful weekend...... In addition to the riggers of the business, (I will spare you the gorry details; believe me, you DON'T want to know)my sister had to go home last night after a too short visit. With the party and doing the business 95% alone, I didn't have much time to visit with her (damn heart attack! Normally she would have been here since early June.)

Anyway, for the first time (to save money on the caregiver filling in for me) I dropped her off out front of the airport. Normally I hang around to make sure the plane gets off....... Back to that part later.

Before heading home, I had to stop and pick up some wound care supplies, as the butt wound that had healed (on one of the residents) has decided to be cranky and open up again. On the short drive to the store, I began to unwind and relaxing started my stomach going. My little success is the fact that I while I stopped to look at some snacks on my way out, I didn't buy any. Then I managed to get back home in time (without any speeding tickets, thank you very much!) to be able to go out and run two miles. I owe this to the fact that I am doing a race this weekend. having that goal looming on the horizon really helps me to stay on track.

Back to the airport story................

I had no more walked in the door, and the phone rang. It was my sister, and she was pissed because her plane was going to be late and she would miss her connecting flight, etc... Yes! This is the last time I drop her off outside, and remember she has a heart condition......... But, being related to me, heart condition or no she is carrying on very vocally about her exteame displeasure with the airline she is travelig on. She gets to the line "AND I AM NEVER FLYING DELTA AGAIN!" and then turns away from the phone to add "NEVER! And I hope this entire airport hears me." Some siter I am. I had to laugh and tell her it was too bad she wasn't flying Southwest, because she was behaving just like those people do on that show "Airline." (For those of you that haven't seen the show, it takes place in an airport and it films real passengers having meltdowns because their planes are late or are having other problems. It is one of those shows that take advantage of other people's misery and/or misfortune for our amusement. Might not be nice, but I enjoy watching it.)

Also being a fan of the show, she started laughing and this calmed her down a notch or two. She called me back a while later and told me they had found a plane and were suppose to be leaving soon. Hopefully, I will hear from her early this morning to find the rest of her trip was uneventful.

Do any of you have any good airport horror stories to share? I would love to hear them...... Sort of my own written version of Airline. Please share with me.

6 comments:

maynard said...

You can check out "Another Story..." and "A Funny Story from Vacation..." on my blog site. They are luggage stories. I think my sisters story was a Delta Airline.

Patty said...

I did read those, and I could relate to both.

Fellow readers, be sure and check them out, they will make you laugh.

Rajesh &Shankari said...

I have not had bad experience yet, hope my trip to India is a pleasant one (knock on wood)

Patty said...

Dear Shankari,

How many hours will that trip take you? I have a friend who is from the Philippines, and he said it took him 30 hours, and he has three young daughters. That is some trip! Fortunately for his children, he and his wife are two of the most patient people I have ever met.
We will keep positive thoughts for your up-coming trip.

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Our's is a 36 hr flight with a stop over in spore for 6 hours. We dont have kids yet, so we kind of manage. This time, I have a friend who lives in Spore, so I will go visit her.

Patty said...

Man! I hope that they have comfortable seats on the plane. Either that or that you have a kind doctor who will give you a sleep aid.

I also need a geography lesson. Where is Spore?