Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Once again......It's all about me............................

I have been tagged by Has To Be Me.
This might end up being a lesson in "I" messages. You might even learn a thing or two about me that you didn't know before. Here goes.....


I am thinking about: The decline that my resident has taken, and praying for a peaceful ending for her and her family.

I said: "Can you hear me now," (when using my Nextel direct connect phone) LONG BEFORE Verizon (or whatever phone company it was that) stole the line from me for their comercials.

I want: It all; world peace, happiness, and prosperity for all. (And I don't mean money.)

I wish: See my "want." I could make time stand still when I am having a really perfect, wonderful moment.

I miss: Extra sharp cheddar cheese.

I hear: Dave Ramsey giving advice, with a WWII movie playing in the background.

I wonder: About all kinds of things, mostly who, what, where, and when regarding all of my tomorrows. Note I didn't say why.

I regret: All the times I insisted on being right. I am sure I missed out on a great amount of learning by insisting I was right and knew everything there was to know on a subject.

I am not sure: What I am not sure about. I pretty much am always clear on what I am thinking, feeling, doing. Oops! See "regret" above. Maybe, I am not sure when to charge ahead, and when to step back and listen. Do you think?

I am: A runner. And just to make sure everyone knows this, while I am running I am constantly saying as loud as possible (depending how out of breath I am from the run),"I am a runner."

I dance: When I am standing at the starting line, waiting for the race to begin, and I start my Ipod playing so I am set and ready to run. Once in awhile, I share one of the earplugs with my daughter and she joins me for a few seconds. Now there is someone that can dance
!

I am happy: When I feel that my loved ones are happy and well cared for.

I sing: Often. I am one of those people that know one line from every song ever written, but never the whole thing. Always when I am running and need to get my mind off of the pain of the moment, or how far I still have to go. I also started singing Karaoke about three years ago as a public act of bravery.

I cry: When I am angry. I also cry when watching the movies, Terms of Enderment, and Boys on the Side. Heck, I don't have to watch the movie......... I start crying at the opening credits.

I am not: A quiter.

I make with my hands: Food, clothing, knitted items, scrap books, sometimes, a BIG mess.

I write: To cheer myself and others. Because I have something to say. As a creative outlet.

I confuse: Needs with wants.

I need to be: Needed.

I should: Take the plunge and trade in the word should for desire to, one hundred percent of the time. In that case, I desire to do way too many things to list, but run a marathon in Hawaii to celebrate my fiftieth birthday (a year from October), be debt free (and scream that fact on air on the Dave Ramsey show), and live to be a hundred and six (from all the running don't you know), are high on the list, and will give you some idea of my desires.

I finish: What I start. And all those projects (including a needlework one that I started when I was pregnant with my twenty-seven year old) are included as I am not dead yet. I am planning ahead for activities for retirement. Another way to look at this is once you have all the value you can get out of something, you can be finished without the something being complete. AND, if you got the logic in that last sentence, I challenge you to take on this tag and share some "I" statements with the rest of us.

5 comments:

Patty said...

Julia,
YOU CRACK ME UP! Almost 50 and running. Considering I didn't start until after I was 46, maybe I will impress someone else to take up the activity.

Considering more and more people are living until 100, I haven't even lived half of my life yet. That is one reason I run........... If I have to live that long, I want to be healthy instead of frail and physically helpless.

Patty said...

I almost forgot Julia,

I have heard that one can get a good work-out in the pool. The last pool work-out I did, killed my achilles tendon from bouncing on my toes for so long a period, so I never went back.

I also wanted to say, while I know running isn't for everyone, getting stronger from that and weight lifting, took away about 80 percent of my pain. I never went to be diagnosed because I didn't want to know, but before getting in better shape I had 11 of the 13 trigger points needed to "have" fibromyalgia. I am not saying I had/have it, and I am not saying anyone that does will improve from running. What I am saying is keep doing whatever you can to gain muscle strength, and you might get some releif from the pain.

Has to be me said...

Well Done Patty! LOL @ Cheddar cheese & ur comment on singing. Guess what even I cry when im angry! That sounds funny isnt it?! Ya I know u r a runner & super one for sure! :) Ipray & hope that u go to Hawai fr ur 50th bday. Wld be damn good. Freak out!

Patty said...

I know it is strange that some days I miss cheese like others would miss an old lover, but tis true. Sometimes we have to force ourselves to give up a love that just isn't good for us.

Crying when angry makes much more sense when one believes that anger is simply a mask for fear. LOTS of people cry when they are afraid.

DEBTective said...

Mind your Ps and Qs, baby, and you'll shout to Dave "I'm DEBT FREE" before long. Work hard to get and stay on a budget, then deep-six your debt and connect with your cash. Good luck! www.debtective.com