Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Don't believe everything you hear......................

Lucky for me, the daughter of one of my residents is a firm believer in checking out the stories she hears from her mother. Why am I so lucky? Because the things she tells me totally crack me up!

I thought I would share a couple of my favorite tales and let you in on the fun.....

"Patty. Is your oldest daughter married?" No she isn't, why do you ask? "Well, Ma keeps telling me that she saw a picture of ________ and her family, and that you can't stand her husband and son." HONEST! There is no husband, and the only son is of the Boston Terrier variety. Even after he bit my finger off while I was trying to break up a fight between him and Ben, (I know..... Not one of my brightest ideas ever to put my hands into the middle of two fighting dogs) I still spoil him at Christmas time and play with him and let him jump all over me when I visit his house.

(My) Mister continues to be on sabatical from the business, so has not been upstairs as often as he used to be. This was what I hear yesterday.................

"Is _____ still fired from the business?" Well, I prefer to say he is on sabatical, or vacation, but the short answer is yes. Well, Ma told me you kicked him to the curb, and that you guys were getting a divorce." While I (continue to) kick his butt when we play Rummy, I have no immediate plans to kick him anywhere any time soon, and besides, he has too many good power tools to divorce him.

I guess I could get offended and say it was none of their business, but after all I did invite these people to live with me and so I guess they are intitled to know some of the details of my personal life.

Change of subject...... And speaking of power tools...................

When I went on my run Sunday night, I pasted some Pergo flooring out at the curb that had a "free" sign on it. When I got home I sent (my) Mister out to look at it and see if there would be enough of it to do the floor in my youngest's room. When she re-did her room last year, we didn't want to spend lots of money on the floor, so we purchased carpet padding and covered it with fleece. (Yes! that really soft fabric that everyone makes those cuddly blankets out of.) It was wonderful until time passed, and it got all stained and nasty looking. I could take the fabric up and wash it, (or dye it black so it didn't show dirt) but of course I never have. The plan was to replace it with a wood floor (Pergo is a composite material that looks like wood) and you can't get a better deal than free! Another benefit of exercise, though I bet you will never read that one on the Surgeon General's list.

So, (my) Mister is using his free time (his ability, AND his power tools) to install the floor, and it is looking great. Free flooring AND labor, (Well to the rest of the world anyway............... Some things ARE private and my business only!) who could ask for more than that? Not this lucky girl! I am counting my blessings, and finding myself richly blessed! Enjoy your day.

6 comments:

Rajesh &Shankari said...

Sorry Patty, Spore is Singapore. We try to walk in the plane as much as possible.

How inquisitive people can get? But gr8 with pergo flooring. I just love wood flooring!

Patty said...

And be sure and do ankle pumps, (Tap your feet up and down several times in a row, every half hour or so.) you don't want to risk getting a DVT. (deep vein thrombosis)

When we did our big remodel, we ripped up all the floors and put hard wood down. Not only is it better for walkers and wheel chairs, it is easier to keep sanitary.

Jenna said...

Lucky! We recently did both the kids rooms in it too and boy its the best thing we ever did! Carpet sucks! I also have my whole basement done in it too- looks great and saves me a world of carpet cleaning bills! Good for you!

Patty said...

And more than likely someday, someone will come along and buy our houses and cover up all the lovely wood with carpet, and then the next owner will rip out the carpet, and say, "Oh! Boy! Hardwood floors. Maybe it's like red hair...... The passion for hardwood skips a generation!

Have your kids learned how much fun wood is to run and slide on in socks? Even I do it from time to time, just to be sure I still can.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read retractable awning goat sex cartoons Doseage for celexa Naked pics pamela anderson Find didrex from foreign pharmacies Outdoor paintballing tip Pervert legal advice in north petite chicago lawyer wholesale furnitures floride ritalin side effect interior designer shirrell heath http://www.j-lo-perfume.info/Perfume-donna-karan-aftershaves.html

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »