Wednesday, April 30, 2008

She's a total nut case (YES! I'm talking about me).............................



Just as you all knew would happen from the moment I first talked about him, I am head over heals in love with Fred. Miss Princess and the Pea calls Mr. Freddy Boy when she is heading to bed, and he heeds the call and follows me downstairs to "HIS" spot on the end of the bed... ON MY SIDE! And for the record... I don't share my bed with just anyone, only my special fellows...



About three in the afternoon yesterday I realized that I had not seen Fred in a while. Ya! I should have named him Tom (as in Tomin around), as much of a wanderer that the boy is. I keep an arsenal of kitty treats around for moments like these as a shake or two is all it takes to bring all three cats running. When only two cats showed up, I took to the streets. Ten minutes later I was consoling myself with thoughts of, "Not all relationships are meant to last," and, He'll never be as spoiled in his new home as he was here."



My youngest offered much sympathy and comforting words, "You know how he is. He will be back when it's time to eat. He isn't gone, gone, just away for the moment." Things like that.



I can't help it, this kindness puts me right into high ego alert and I jump right into prime victim roll. "All I ever did was give the best I had to offer to that cat and THIS is how he repays me? I gave him the best moments of my days, not to mention the end of my bed, and he just ups and leaves? What's that about?" And when the anger leaves, the lines turn to, "What will I do without him? My Freddy Boy, Poor Freddy Boy." All my youngest kept saying was, "OH! Mommy!" Leaving me to interprute that line in any way I needed to find comfort.



Now I hope you all know that while these words REALLY did come out of my mouth, and I REALLY was allowing myself to feel these victim feelings and become this roll, I WAS PLAY ACTING! REALLY, I was. But I gotta say that acting or not, playing the victim felt good somehow. My ego LOVED it, L-O-V-E-D it! When my youngest went to see her last client of the day and I requested in a sad little voice, "As you're driving, keep your eye out for any little gray spots so I can scrape Fredddy up and give him a proper burial (God! I am scaring my loved ones for life aren't I?), her response was the sweetest ever. She said, "Don't worry mommy, I will manifest Fred back for you while I am gone." (How many of you are right now thinking how powerful I am to have brought my entire family into my warped way of thinking???)



About fifteen minutes after she left, I was working on final dinner prep and Emma (our Jack Russell) started barking at the door like a maniac. Okay, this is not that unusual and usually means there is a squirril or neighbor dog she wants to go after, but when I went to let her out I saw nothing and yet she was insistant with the barking. I opened the door, and like a flash she was out and headed to the tall grass under the bird feeders. When she arrived, to my total amazement up popped Fred. He flopped over onto his belly, and Emma gave him a warm, licking of a greeting as if to say, "Welcome back old buddy. We've missed you," then high-tailed it back up the porch to me to get her well deserved atta-girls and thank you strokes for having rescequed Fred from a life on the steets.



What? You don't think Emma read my mood/behavior and was concerned about me and Fred? You don't think she was barking because she was on the look out for him and finally spotted him? You don't think that animals can make that kind of connection with people, understand the energy their people are giving off, and offer whatever comfort and support they have within them?



I do! And so it is...

2 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

This is so cute! I love how you can laugh at yourself! Ironically I have been thinking the same thing lately, when I have a "poor me" moment it just feels so GOOD.. for that moment, then when it is over I feel like a freak of nature! I recently went off on Jay, while he DID deserve it and it DID feel good, after wards I went... "oh THAT was mature! That was great! THAT make you seem so together!" It all snowballed of course until Ihad calmed down into a small ball of... well, tears! LOL I am now over it but it got me to thinking... am I really that person? How am I portraying myself, the roll I am playing. A few days later him and I got into a conversation about roles and who we are so to speak and it got me to thinking, I have always played the victim role with him as he has done with me. I am now trying to find a "new" role to play with him, as I have been for months, and most days I do ok- I am that kind generous soul I know myself to be but others... other days I want to launch out and just be the victim! Never in my life have I been that role except with him, it is very bazaar how chaos and other patterns although negative can be so addictive. So I am working on my addiction! LOL Wow, this had nothing to do with your post really, it was just a serious Ah-ha moment... I never really put it all together until this very moment, the role I have been playing and continue to play with him.... Wow! Hum, I need a new role... what is that role... I am still figuring it out but it is becoming easier and easier as the days go by not to be that role.

Ok, well I am glad your little man is well. Mine is sitting on my lap at this very moment purring away! I love my George, he is the best kitty... takes a lot of abuse let me tell you! LOL His sister (my Sasha) was lost two years or so ago and I STILL miss that cat! She was the COOLEST cat! I will have to find the story I sent to a girlfriend about when I lost her, talk about crazy... I am sure the neighbors are STILL talking about psycho girl next door! ROTFL

Patty said...

I vote for you to take the roll of Mother of his daughter. Not only are you great at the job, there will never be anyone better at being her mother than you, but he NEEDS you in that capacity, and a roll that fits another's need is always a good thing.

Do share the story of Sasha, it will help me to feel more sane...