Friday, April 18, 2008

Contagious manifestation..........................

I took some pictures of my F-U-L-L dumpster, but I am too lazy to up-load them right now so I will share with you soon I promise. Until then here is a great (true) story to entertain you.

I know most of you have already received and used any tax returns you were owed. Since I am self-employed, and pay quarterly taxes, I work really hard to figure out how to pay Uncle Sam just the right amount. Since I am not in a hurry to send off a check if I still owe something I tell my accountant that she can do my taxes last. ( and just to brag, we are getting $79.00 back so I did a darn good job of figuring this year) Since she does my youngest's along with ours, hers are done late as well.

She got her state return in the mail on Wednesday. No big deal right? We knew it was money she would be getting so how could it be money she manifested? Here is the good part... She came home that day while I was out with the dogs. As we were walking up the driveway together I said, "Did you see you got your check from the state?" Her response, "Oh! Ya!, And I TOTALLY manifested it. I decided I could do it (as in manifest money) so I stopped at the bike store and told them," Get my bike ready( She ordered it when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago). I am still not sure where the money is coming from, but I will have it by then and I am picking up the bike on Friday. I got home and there was the check with the amount that I needed." And I thought I was proud when she learned to say her ABC's!

The story gets better... Yesterday she says to me, "I've gotta quit manifesting money. It's creating too much work for me. I thought I was going to have the entire day off and now I have three people to see." And still later when she checked in over the phone... "I feel a little bad that my manifesting for me made S0-and-So get pneumonia." I explained to her that is was So-and-So that manifested the illness so that her body could have the rest it was demanding. Us receiving from the Universe is never going to take away from another.

Maybe there are those of you out there that are thinking I should be committed, or charged with harming a child's mind, but I think this autonomy she is practicing is great. She has always been a spiritual child, aware that there are things greater than herself. I am glad that she has begun to work with this greatness independently from my encouragement. My baby is growing up!

Let me mention here that this is one great kid. The reason she didn't have the cash to simply buy the bike outright was because she had a $600.00 car bill. Beyond room and board (and a little college tuition) she is financially responsible for all of her other needs (and remember the kid LOVES shoes!). She DOES NOT use credit cards or student loans, and is consistently putting money in the bank to finance her last two years of College. She has it much more together and not just financially) at (just) 19 than I did by my late twenties.

Beyond sharing the story because I think it is a great story, I share it with you to encourage you to increase your own faith. Not necessarily in God or the Universal Energy of Spirit, but in yourself. Believe that you have whatever you need inside of yourself to reach all your goals and dreams. Believe that life doesn't have to be hard, and that you can take the bull by the horns so to speak and get what YOU want out of life. Practice faith in yourself, even when you don't feel it. This a great time to employ "Fake it till you make it." Before you know it you will have enough successes in your world that your faith will soar and you will understand without a doubt that you are Captain of your own life and you can steer your ship towards any destination you want to reach. Bon Voyage...

4 comments:

Maria said...

This is a tough one for me. I don't really believe that we manifest illnesses on our bodies. I don't believe that I manifested rheumatoid arthritis and that I have some sick need to limp around with a cane all the time.

I think life happens. I think positive thinking helps. I think we do the best with what happens and learn to deal with life and accept our lives.

Just my opinion....

Patty said...

And I value your opinion Maria.

I guess my perpective was formed because I was always a person that liked to say, "I don't have time to be sick," and then I would get sick as soon as my schedule cleared.

I don't believe you manifested your illness out of a sick need, but maybe you will agree that it has created a learning opportunity as the limping causes you to be forced to accept help that you otherwise would not do. In that vein it has benefit to your life experience.

Or, we can just agree to disagree and that is fine with me too. Lots (most of the people I know in fact)don't believe as I do, and this doesn't make me think any less of any of them.

Thanks for sharing.

The Girl Next Door said...

I SWEAR you are watching The Secret on the sly! LOL Ok, I SO needed this tonight, I have had a hard week, not as bad as it might have been a year ago if I were in the same situation but hard none the less.Your last paragraph spoke straight to my heart so thanks!

btw-Funny you said the money thing- the other day I was doing bills (yeck) and I went and looked at my accounts and realized I needed about a $1000 dollars extra to get through the next month. (I am looking ahead as far as moneying goes right now so I can "live" today in a comfortable frame of mind. I realize I can not plan some events but it does bring me peice day to day!) So anyways, I got into my accounts the day I recieved my disabliity check from the military which is what I am living on then started asking for it. NO JOKE, a week later I get into my accounts to see what I have to spend for Joci's birthday and get this... I have exactly an extra $1000 dollars!!!! So I start digging thinking something was added ect... it all adds up perfectly like it was always there! I can breath easy for one more month and it is a great feeling!

Maria- I agree with you to some extent, I don't believe people manifest disease in the whole "I want to be sick" mindset. However I DO believe the mind is extreemly powerful and negativity can bring on more negativity. Many times this is unconcious and not a "fault" persee, I am a very firm believer life happens as you expressed. HOWEVER, on the same note how you view your illness and feel it in your mind will effect how your illness effects you. I worked in healthcare for a number of years and we always saw people who were just "so sick" and it was just one thing after another, they honest to God were thinking themselves sick. There are actual Phycholgical studies and documentation of this phenomena. One of my absolute favorite stories of this came from a co-worker who was a Dr. of Phych and Professor at the local Uni. She told a story of two women (I don't know where but it is a documented case from a medical journal- don't ask which it has been ten years! LMAO)one was perfectly healthy, one had breast cancer. Because of a mix up in the lab they were given eachothers results. What happened? The women who actually HAD cancer thought she was cancer free and lived quite happily with a possitive attitude and no sickness, the women who did not have cancer died... with all the typical cancer symptoms!Her autopsy showed absolutely NO disease, there was no medical reason for her death! That being said, I worked onconlogy for a number of years and one of the things we use to note was patients who would make it, we all knew based on their attitude if they would actually have a chance at beating the cancer or not from the very start. This by NO means is an absolute as things change etc their attitude changes etc and the prognosis for survival changes. I am being extreemly general here and NOT pointing at you inparticular, I can't I don't know you so please take no offense and know no offense was meant to you and your situation just a different attitude or perspective to think on.

I imagine it is very difficult to live with RA, it is an extreemly dibilitating and painful disease and I am so sorry for your struggles, all I want to say is as best you can try, try to keep your mind strong, keep your outlook on the happier side and your heart content in your life at this moment (wishing for it to go away will not make you feel better now although as someone who has been through some bodily injuries I understand the sentiment! LOL). I guess what I hear Patty saying is try to keep yourself as possitive as possible with your disease (hard I know) so that despite this physical frustration your soul can sing.

As a side funny: We always tease my aunt who has horriable RA (she has had almost every joint replaced you can imagine and her hand are just narrled) about the things she does. Anyways, one day she was sewing something by hand (she makes GORGOUS quilts by hand) and she had it with us, she turned and looked at us and says, "you think this is easy? You think this is so great? This stupid disease robbed me! If it were not for this I would be jumping out of planes and going bungi jumping and paragliding!" She then got thoughtful and smiled kind of slyly and said, "I guess God thought this was the only way I would not kill myself!" ROTFL

Patty said...

Thanks for the comments from a medical perspective T-girl.

I will add that yes I believe in positive thinking, but I also believe that Maria should shout, and swear, cry and mourn her lost (temporarily I hope) body function as this will help her process her very real feelings about her current situation. Just don't allow that to become (one's) life, but see the disease for what it is and then count the (also very real)other blessings in your life to equal things out.