Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yesterday's blessings.................................

My biggest blessing yesterday was when the phone rang in I discovered
Random on the other end of the line. To remind you, Random and I met once, when we did a half-marathon together last summer, and are huge soul-sisters when it comes to shoes. She was calling me to tell me that DSW was online now (Did I just feel a collective swoon?)and we had a wonderful catch-up chat. I think it was absolutely terrific of her to make sure I was in the loop on how to get the latest, greatest shoe styles from my favorite shoe store. Thanks Random.

After dinner I headed south with a resident to get her hair permed by my hairstylist. About half way my truck made this little clunky sound and then stopped working. I coasted to a stop along side of the road, tried putting the truck into park and then seeing if it would work. Nope, and we just had the transmission repaired. Rats!

Now starts the cool part of the story. Yes, I was surrounded by empty fields, but I was only about three miles from the transmission shop. (my) Mister called them and they said they would come and check out the truck as soon as possible. Blessing one.

Through my youngest daughter's work she/we have been getting to know one of our neighbors, and have discovered that her mother is also in this line of work. I have made arrangements for her to start working for me a few hours a week so I can do my running during the day. Fortunately for us, she hangs out at her daughters a lot so she was willing and able to come sit with the residents so that (my) Mister could come and pick us up and take us the rest of the way to the hairstylist. I got my resident settled in, and made the twenty minute trip back home to drop off (my) Mister and still made it back to the shop in time to visit with the ladies. All this might not seem like a big deal, but in my world it is indeed a miracle. Blessing two.

Tentative word from the transmission guy is my truck needs a fly-wheel (whatever the heck a fly-wheel is), with a price tag of five to six hundred dollars. (my) Mister and I were planning a two day trip to Chicago the end of May to take a class, and for one reason or another have not actually signed up for the class as of yet. The money we have saved up for that will be enough to repair the truck and so that is what we will do. The fact that we have the funds available is truly a blessing because a few short months ago this would not have been the case. Am I saying that I would rather spend money on truck repairs than take a trip with (my) Mister? Not in the least. What I am saying is that my reactions to last night's events did not send me into a panic attack and/or a financial struggle. If you have ever had a panic attack or a financial struggle you will better relate to the inner peace and joy I felt/feel regarding this.

We are suppose to go up north and bring home our travel trailer this weekend. I am claiming a miracle for the truck to be repaired in time. Regardless, I have total faith that things will work out exactly as they are suppose to.

2 comments:

Random Musings said...

Well I enjoyed the chat too!!

Wow, its amazing how things work out!

Patty said...

And it gets even better Random. Wait until you read what I am about to post.