Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Enough with the Spring cleaning already........................

Before moving on from tales of trash, I have to tell you this one more thing...

I called (my) Mister yesterday morning and in that "Proud as a Peacock voice" guys sometimes use he says to me, "Guess what I am doing?" Ummmm, working? (and please I DON'T need details) went through my head but I refrained from speaking. "I'm cleaning out my office! And I just threw away the detailed list you made for what every one's job was when we decorated for our wedding." Reminder... We got married on February 13, 2000. I am thinking of finding a 12 step hoarders group for him to attend...

In other news, I got out for the day last Saturday to attend a class on getting in touch with your higher consciousness. It was a great class, I learned a lot, and met a great group of people. I also validated (again) that I am not shy anymore (I used to be. REALLY!).

I got to class when there was only one other person in the room. The instructor ask us to please sign in and when the other person did, I heard her say, "Ouch! My thumb is really sore." "Well, come over here and I will work on it," was my reply. She must not have been shy either because she did, and I did, and then class got underway. Fast forward to after lunch. ____ (who I sorta knew. He had taught (my) Mister and I Level One Reiki) was sprawled out on the floor and was joking about someone walking on his back. I went over and started doing Thai massage on his legs by "walking" down them. This led into others doing bodywork on others, switching partners and treatments for about forty-five minutes.

When it was my turn to be worked on, my body worker was a massage therapist. She ask me if there was an area that I needed worked on and I told her my right Achilles tendon. I need to stretch more after running, and I had let this particular area get tight to the point that it aches a bit when I first get up in the morning. This girl knows her stuff, and in about five minutes she had my entire calf calm and relaxed. Wonderful...

When I was thinking about the day later, it occurred to me that my "higher consciousness" had worked out that entire bodywork thing as a way to get me the attention I had not been giving to myself. One might even say I manifested the entire thing for my own good, but I won't because I know there are those out there that believe my manifesting is a bunch of nonsense. Still... If you think about it...

No comments: