Monday, April 28, 2008

Apparently I can no longer tell a lie..........................

About a month ago the screen on my cell phone went dark. It was still very readable in the house or at night, but in the sunlight I was unable to see anything on the screen. I fiddled with it, (my) Mister fiddled with it, I called for service about it, took it to a dealer to see if they knew anything. Bottom line is the only thing to do is replace the phone. The phone that is not that old, and that I wouldn't even have the dumb thing if I didn't have the business. Spend a hundred or so dollars on a phone because I can't use it in the sun? There WAS one more option...

We carry insurance on our phones that cover loss. If the phone needs repair, it is on us, but if we lose it a new phone is delivered in a timely manner. On our way to a spirit reading session (you can make fun of me about this later, but I like this activity like some of you like television or going to the movies so get over it), (my) Mister and I stopped by the mall to ask a dealer about the phone. After he told me it couldn't be fixed I said to him, "Well, I guess the phone is about to be lost then."

One of those little white lies right? The kind we all tell without really thinking about it, or feeling at all bad about it. This was me getting my due, standing up to the big corporation. And those phones really don't cost what they charge anyway. Right? My insurance charge every month has already paid for the actual cost of replacing the phone. Hasn't it? It wasn't like anyone was going to get hurt by my tiny lie. Right? On the drive to the reading I even went so far as to practice (in my head) what I was going to say to the phone company when I called to report the phone stolen. I didn't want to get caught in my lie; which might have been the first indication that I shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Of course I ignored this notion, caught up in my justifications as I was.

We arrive at the store and are looking around before the readings start and my phone rings. It is my girlfriend that is meeting us and she can't find the store. I told her I would go stand out front so she could see me and know where to go. Once outside, she called again, still unsure as to the location before spotting me. After the second call, I closed the phone, put it back in my purse (exactly where I always put it) and we went on into the readings.

I will spare you all the details of the readings except for one. The reader shared with me that one of my spirit guides has a real sense of humor and is a great jokester.

Remainder of the readings are finished, good messages, feeling great, decide to call my youngest on the way home to see if she wants or needs anything. NO PHONE!

Rip though my entire bag (currently carrying a HUGE bag) and nothing. Of course (my) Mister had left his phone at home so I was unable to call my bag to see if it rang. About thirty seconds after I realized the phone was missing, I couldn't help but start laughing. And laughing, and laughing...

I HAD LOST MY PHONE! Just like I said I was going to do.

My thoughts created my reality, or else my spirit guide with the great sense of humor was looking out for me and took the phone so that I could report it stolen with a clean conscience. Either way the joke is on me big time, and I guess even white lies are out of the question for me from now on. What do you think?

4 comments:

Maria said...

Wow. I would NEVER ever tell anyone I was late because traffic was bad or that I got stopped by a cop, or especially call in sick at work.

Because man...you sound like you are in a wavelength of truthtelling and now you are damn well stuck. So...tell the truth and don't even tell it slant a bit.

The Girl Next Door said...

LMAO... serves you right! I want to have a spirit reading, I have no clue where I would go for this though... is it in the phonebook? What do you look under? THEN one has to wonder... is this a REAL spirit reader/physic or some scam artist who actually is someone's unemployeed aunt who feels the gov't is cheating her out of her due in her welfare check so she is making up the difference! I also think I would be a bit freaked out, when I was a kid we played with a Quiji board (NEVER do this when you are a 11 year old kid without a clue) and we encountered someone who was a bit of a jokester. At the time a girl in the neighborhood over had been murdered (later discovered to be killed by one of the girls with us's neighbor) This spirit told us WHERE they would find the body (they did) a few other things, THEN decided to have a little fun and tell us my best-friend would die in a car wreck the following year (yeah, she was not happy about THAT, even today she still talks about that year from hell) and that I would be a jailbird (not a happy prospect for a quadruple cops kid). There were a few other things too, I can't remember but it was NOT the best of times let me tell you. Anyways, my dreams, feelings etc are enough for me to go by, I already know more then I could ever want... however I am STILL trying to figure out how to connect into my guides, I know I will eventually get it when it is time but until then I will keep trying! LOL (THAT is what I do for fun in MY house! LMAO) Bet if my husband had THAT knowledge he would be all over trying to prove I am loco, however... his mother posseses the same gift as me so I think he would have a hard time on that one! LOL

Patty said...

Ya Maria, THANK GOD I just got my driver's license renewed last October. Now I have eight years to lose the ten pounds that I ALWAYS lie about on that.

Patty said...

I too am a skeptic when it comes to readers, and you will appreciate this story...

I went to a reader one afternoon and she begins with, "Tell me your questions?" I said I didn't have any questions and whatever she wants to talk about if fine with me. She goes on to tell me "I HAVE to have questions," I tell you I don't, this goes back and forth a couple of times, then she storms out and says to the cashier, "Give her her money back. SHE doesn't have any questions." Man! I still laugh about how the two of us must have had a horrible relationship in a past life or something and she hasn't been able to let it go in this lifetime. LOL!