Friday, December 07, 2007

(a) Wonder(ful) Woman.......................

For months and months I had driven by a store in town while ignoring my inner voice telling me I HAD to stop for a visit. What finally got me inside the doors was my marathon training, one more reason I am grateful I received the desire to run one.

During my mileage tapper, I decided it would be good to go to a massage therapist for stretching instead of massage. Knowing massage services were available in this store, I went in to inquire about having the therapist stretch my leg muscles.

From the moment I stepped inside of the door I felt welcomed and nurtured, and this was before I even talked to anyone. After talking with the owner, ((this)WW) I had that feeling one gets when finally making it home after a long, driving, vacation; "Finally I can stretch out, relax, unwind, and get renewed."

So for the last couple of months I have been exploring the services offered at the store and have come to find that the staff is as loving and caring as (this) WW. I always come away feeling nurtured and spiritually fed. Yesterday (my) Mister and I took a Reiki class together. Reiki is a form of (spiritual) energy healing/work, delivered kinda like Polarity massage therapy by holding one's hands just above the person receiving the treatment, but with the spiritual componate that you ask your higher power energy to enter into the person that they might accept the healing energy. It was a great experience and if any of you have the opportunity to experience Reiki I would strongly recommend doing so.

After our class, (this) WW handed me the crystal pictured below and ask me how it felt to me.



Here I will (sheepishly) admit to (subconsciously) wondering if it were one of those trick questions, with ONE right answer that you don't want to get wrong, so I held the crystal and replied, "It feels okay." WHAT KIND OF AN ANSWER IS THAT? Since you ask I will tell you... The kind of answer that when I get it from (my) Mister or my youngest I tend to shoot back a "just okay. What does that mean?" (this) WW did just the opposite. She graciously said, "Well I would like to gift it to you and I wanted to make sure it resonated with you before doing so." I melted into a pile of mush right there at the counter. Isn't that just the sweetest thing ever? I told you she was very loving and nurturing.

On my short drive home I held my present and it began to take on a personality of it's own. I had not noticed "his nose" when I first held it, and it was a couple of hours later that I discovered he is wearing a hat. Maybe he appears this way to me as I absolutely adore snowmen. My youngest thinks he takes on more of an owl form. What do you see? That is the cool part of crystals (and other jewelry), the pieces either speak to you or they don't, and you get to decide to invite them into your heart and home or not, and they will bring you as much joy and happiness as you decide to take from them.

Before I go, gotta share one more thing I discovered at the store:

She is a little pin and I was unexplainably drawn to her. HAD to have her. I don't wear much jewelry besides my wedding ring and a watch (remember my $5 dollar watch from Wall Mart that I bought four or so years ago, that they replaced the dead battery and sized down for free? Still one of my best deals EVER!), so it is kinda strange that I would HAVE to have a pin. I actually thought I would give her away when I brought her home, but the more I looked at her the more I knew she was meant to go on my runs and races with me. I will pin her on my water pack and the two of us will run with the wind and have a great time letting our inner wild woman explore whatever she wants to. Her debut run will be tomorrow as I join in with other runners that are doing a cyber race of 8 (miles) on the 8TH. Be sure and check back as I will be letting you all know how much fun we had.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You continually amaze me. We must meet some day!

Patty said...

I would love that Sheri. How about we make it a New Years resolution to do so in 2008?