Saturday, December 15, 2007

Modern day wrong number........................

This summer, while up north, I discovered a great little yarn shop. As most places do these days I was ask if I wanted to leave my e-mail address and receive the store's newsletter. I did, and have been getting a monthly "group" e-newsletter. Yesterday I received this e-mail, addressed just to me (as opposed to the entire group):


Looking into doing Chris Bsylma who designed the Crayon Box sweater for 2009! What do you think?

(insert name here)


Just like I would call the person back if I received a answering machine message that I didn't think was meant for me I responded.

My reply:

I think I don't knit enough because I don't know the person, or the sweater you are referring to.
I have much to learn from you, and I am looking forward to it.

Patty (add last name here)

This morning I got this note back from her that read:


Patty, this is weird I don't know how you got this question from me. So just ignore and have a happy holiday season!

Sincerely, (name)


Funny right? Almost as funny as the time I listened to a message on my cell phone from a stranger R.S.V.P.ing to a surprise birthday party. I called him back to let him know the number he had called was not the right one, and it turned out that my number WAS the number listed on the invitation. He called the person throwing the party to let her know, and she called me to tell me she had transposed two numbers on the invite which made it my number and not hers. I promised to let her know if anyone else R.S.V.P.ed to my phone and ended up passing a couple more calls about the party to her. Made me feel like I was involved in pulling off the surprise for this woman's husband. I guess it doesn't take much for me to feel needed does it?

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

No comments: