Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What does your inner child want for Christmas?.............................

Thinking about what I wanted to post about today, that was the question that came to mind. Kind of stopped me in my tracks. Guess I haven't been paying enough attention to my inner child lately. After thinking about the question for a while this is what I came up with:

I want to snuggle with someone that I feel safe and secure with and watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, while munching on REAL movie popcorn. Ya! I'm spoiled that much.

Rudolph was on television last evening, but I gave it up to attend a Christmas party with (my) Mister. Noble of me wasn't it? Luckily I have the show on DVD. When I want popcorn, (my) Mister runs up to our local movie theater and gets me a large (with butter) for $1.50. I totally have to have the large so I have enough to share with my youngest and ALL four of the pets. None of them eat or want popcorn until I get some they they all cluster around with that hopeful look on their faces and I can't resist sharing.

My inner child would also like to make a snowman, and snow angels and then come inside and drink hot chocolate with big fluffy marshmallows floating in it.

To finalize the season, my inner child and I have almost talked my youngest and (my) Mister into doing the twelve days of Christmas with us. We really love that. Gifts should not cost much, homemade or service gifts are the best, and you get one gift, every day for twelve days. Lots more fun than opening several gifts on one day.

Now it's your turn. Share with me what your inner child told you s/he wants.

4 comments:

T. and little D. said...

My inner child would like to believe in Christmas again. And my inner child would also like to believe that people can be stopped from suffering and hunger only because it is Christmas.

But the "more grown up" me knows that both won't happen.

But looking forward to Christmas anyway!

Daniele said...

My inner child wants to go back in time about 20 years with the knowledge she has today and be grateful for every minute spent with her mother.
Xmas is not my favourite holiday, as it is always accompanied by the painful emotions of missing mom.

Patty said...

T and D, In this holiday of wonder try and believe that we all pick the lessons we need to learn in this life to try and lesson your reaction to all the suffering of the world. It helps me to deal with it.

Dee, Mother your inner child EXACTLY the way mom used to mother you by doing the things the two of you used to do together this time of year and see if it brings the memory of mom any closer. I would do this if I had any holiday memories of my mother. I am sorry that this time of year is painful for you.

Do I sound like a srink? Sorry, but if you don't think you will be worse off by trying my suggetions what can they hurt?

Daniele said...

I do like your suggestion Patty, thank you. I always value your opinion!
Just the other day I was reminded by one of my favourite cooking shows about a small egg dish that my mom used to make...and I am going to make that soon! It's a nice memory I have of her.