Friday, December 21, 2007

On the eighth day of Christmas my true loves gave to me...........




A sweet snow-family picture holder. I told my youngest that we would take a pic of the two of us on the beach (this vacation) for it and see if it made them melt. Not because I am such a hot babe sillies, because of the air temperature.


I actually have another snowman picture frame and it holds a picture of us three girls all bundled up for a winter race. I love unpacking it every year and recalling the details of that fun day. If the beach scene does melt the little guys I will have to get another shot before spring for them to hang onto.

And now onto my gift from (my) Mister...


Remember how the cat laid on my vacation clothes? As I was packing them, I came across a pair of black running shorts that were covered in cat hair. (my) Mister was being extremely helpful WATCHING me pack so I said to him, "Do you know where the lint brush is?" "No" was his reply and in a few seconds he left the room. To go find a lint brush? When he had not returned a nano-second later (I am SO impatient), knowing I had a lint brush packed, and who cared what my running clothes looked like anyway, I rolled up the shorts (cat hair to the inside) and commenced packing. That was the last I thought about a lint brush until I opened the bag last night.

And as an aside to the story, MY presents are delivered wrapped! The day before day one the question was, "are we wrapping," IE:what are the rules for this silly contest? My reply, "I did" was met with groans. Day one from Mister, real wrapping paper. Day two and three, hand decorated computer paper. Since then, plastic store bags. The youngest has hidden her presents in her clothing until handing them over from day one. Guess who the over achiever is in this bunch?

I pulled it out of the bag and said, "What a functional present" ( as I thought "to hit you over the head with." JK!). (my) Mister's reply, "Well we don't have any." (me) "Ya we do. About six of them, on the shelf above the laundry tubs." (mister) "Oh."

Ya! The two of us communicate that good! But like I said, it is functional, and will get used (by the year 2011 maybe), and (my) Mister is spot on in knowing I will take function over style any day. Except when it comes to shoes that is.

No comments: