Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One more reason I hate painting..........................................

Have I mentioned the downstairs bathroom remodel that has been more off going than on going since we started it last April? In (my) Mister's absence I thought I would be all cool and get it painted as a hint that he get his butt in gear and finish it. After nagging our friend that is doing the drywall for us to come finish the tiny bit of sanding we were ready to prime the walls last night.

I had requested the paint and supplied be located before the start of vacation, and have been tripping over the pile of crap for days now. Finally looking through it to find supplies I found two rollers, both in plastic bags with (still) moist paint on them. Since it has been MONTHS since anything was painted around here my first thought was, "WHAT THE _____?" My second was, "Maybe I should take pictures and send them into the plastic bag people so they can use them for a commercial as they really did keep the air out."

Next onto the primer. Upon locating the can it was NOT heavy at all. In other words, ALMOST EMPTY. Yes, the space we are painting is small, but come on people the man knows that new drywall sucks up the paint and needs more than one coat. Please note: I am not always this bitchy, it is my hatred towards painting that brings it out in me.

With my few drops of primer located it was time to move onto the paint pan. The first one had left over dark maroon paint in it from when we painted our bedroom two years ago. My other choice had deep grooves in it. Trying to conserve the little primer I had I decided that pan would work if I propped it up so the primer stayed in the end of it. The first thing available was too lightweight and kept falling off the toilet every time I tried to put the primer on the roller. YES! I could have put it on the floor, but then I would have had to bend over and I had already completed my exercise for the day.

That is when I spied the brick. That should be heavy enough right? I forgot to take into consideration that the toilet seat is curved so with the first try the brick came crashing down onto my foot!

OUCH!

And you know, I was so frustrated at that point that I didn't even swear. I also didn't put the brick back or keep trying to prop the pan up. I just slapped the primer up and tried to finish so I could take a picture of my foot for this post. I will say that pain is a good way to get your mind off of a task that you despise.

And now it is me against the bathroom walls. My youngest will get more primer today after work and I will take on those walls again this evening. Do or die! If I am lucky this will spur (my) Mister on towards finishing the tile work when he returns from vacation. If not I think I have earned the right to nag, at least once or twice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! That sure does look like it hurts!! Nagging is allowed. Just wanted you to know I have the time off approved--12/26-1/2/08 so you can go on your vacation!!! Start packing--like you hadn't all ready right? (ORA)

Patty said...

Actually I have been too busy trying to get rid of some of the stuff in my house to start packing. I have purchased tanning packages for all so we won't burn on the first day.

Since I have reduced my wardrobe I no longer have to pack away seasonal clothes so they will be handy when I do start packing. This lightening the load stuff does have it's benefits.