Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mini Miracle.............................

Sometime in early October, when my life was still consumed with marathon preparations, I had an interview for a respite resident, his wife/caregiver wanting to take a vacation to see her daughter. The resident's wife called me day before yesterday to confirm his placement and ask me if I might mail her the paperwork she needed to fill out for admittance so she didn't have to pick it up.

On my way to tan (I know it is bad for me, but so would be burning on the first day of our vacation), I took the package to the post office. Standing in line I thought I saw the wife getting her mail out of the P.O. box, but having seen her only once before I wasn't totally sure so I ignored my instinct and took the package up to the counter. Reminder, I live in a small town. The postal worker looked at the package and said, "Isn't she still here, getting her mail out of the box?" I replied that I thought it might have been her but I wasn't sure, thanked the worker, and took the package over to the wife.

Fight me if you want to over whether or not this constitutes a true miracle, it made my day, not to mention saved me the couple of bucks in postage it would have cost me for the postal worker to walk the ten steps to the box for me. Besides, miracles are in the eye of the beholder. I like to think that there are forces much greater than I at work fine tuning our activities and every once in a while we get a glimpse of the well oiled machine some call fate.

If you don't think that is astounding, listen to this...

With the purchases I made at the Kohl's store the day after Thanksgiving I "earned" $30.00 in "Kohl's cash (KC)." My oldest earned $20.00 and gave it to me as she had to travel this week and didn't think she would have time to redeem it. I took my $50.00 in KC to the store last night and got (regular priced) merchandise worth $180.00 for $3.50! No it isn't a typo, three dollars and fifty cents after redeeming my KC. Thrilled is an understatement of how I felt leaving the store.

Not impressed yet? Well it's your turn then. Tell me your idea of astounding miracles... I'm all ears...

10 comments:

T-girl said...

Hum... I have not had a panic attack in three days, which coincides with the time I started praying again!!!

How about the same day as the prayer I sent out for peace in me, I also asked for the hubby to come home and talk.... and he did... and he admited EXACTLY what I prayed for????

Now, I know it could be that I just know my man, but it also could be a miricle. Personally I like the thought of the miricle because that is what it would take for him to come home and talk to me the way he did!

Don't get me wrong, he still went back to his buddies to live the next night BUT... it is a start! I need all the good vibes I can get and I am taking them, so call me Polyanna like my mother does but I would rather be a Polyanna then a bitter old hag! ;)

T-girl said...

Ok I am commenting on your 8 here so you see it! There is a reason why I like you, there is a reason why we connect you know that... we are the only two people in the intire world who know DM, the Cure, Chicago and Pachelbel's Canon CAN be on the same list of top 8... let alone KNOW the DM song! Have I ever told you I am a DM whore? Seriously... we just won't talk about that but David Gahn, yeah there are some steamy pubesant fantasies out there that make me blush! LOL Don't ask me why, now I am a bit like "huh?" but doesn't take away from the fact I LOVE their music! Martin Gore is an amazing writer! Just had to tell you that!

Patty said...

What's wrong with being a Polyanne T-girl? I think I wrote about that not too long ago (or at least meant to), every action, causes a reaction, and we get to choose how WE react to everything. Claim your miracles, claim your marriage staying intact and whole, go for everything you know your marriage can be. And anybody else reading this, please keep our T-girl in your thoughts and prayers that she continues to receive miracles in her daily life.

Re: the music, one more way to show people we can't be fenced in. A very special person turned me on to DP and the Cure (as well as The Lemon Heads and Violent Femme) back in the early 90s. Bonus: It helped to push my "cool mom" image with my then teens, and now that my youngest likes that music is gives us one more thing to bond over.

Maybe you, Sheri, and I should start a blog fan club...

Sheri said...

An 80's blog fan club?! I'm in.

And by the way, we had this ilttle club in Fort Wayne "back in the day" (1984-1990 or so) and I saw The Femmes, Dead milkmen, Pixies, Lemonheads, Pogues, Defenestration, Slammin' Watusies, Henry Rollins, etc all in a club of about 30 people. WOoohoooo!

CCC said...

Wow -- I am impressed! I too believe in those small miracles that make one's day. So often folks expect the hand of god to come down and give them an ah-ha moment. But you have to be open, aware of life's little pleasures and have a strong sense of gratitude. Like you. ;) Your Kohl's miracle made me giddy. :D

Patty said...

I saw the Lemonheads in concert, can only imagine how crazy-fun the Femmes wereis. What is your favorite concert ever? Mine is No Doubt. I don't know about her today, but back then the girl never stopped moving the entire time. Amazing that anyone could have that much energy, even substance induced if that was the case.

Patty said...

CCC,

Any girl that gets giddy over a great deal, is a girl after my own heart.

BTW, do you LOVE shoes? If so you have ALL the qualities of a best friend. If not, seven out of eight isn't bad!

Random Musings said...

I believe too its how you look at it...
Each day is a blessing

T-girl said...

I agree Random! You can choose to look a the good things or you can wallow in the bad!

Sharie- I am SO all over a 80's blog! I am a totally 80's music geek!

Patty said...

Gals,

There is one more person that (I know of, you may have others), that we need to include and that is Jenna, Secrets from the parlor.

So tell me, how do we go about creating this thing?