Thursday, November 08, 2007

On vacation without leaving home.........................

Last Friday (my) Mister left for a boat building vacation. Yup, he will be home a real, functioning boat, called a nutshell pram. Or at least in theory it will be functional. This has been a lifelong dream of his, and I finally found a place that could make his dreams come true. In his absence I have been basking in the single life. If you can call twenty-four seven care giving the single life that is. I did make it out of the house long enough to go vote and go to the dentist (no cavities), and my care giver's helper is going to come today so I can go for a run, but other than that we have the home bound taking care of the home bound and loving it!

With (my) Mister gone I don't have to care about what I look like, if my legs are shaved, or if I have spilled food on my clothes. Oh wait! I don't care about these things when he is around, but I do sometimes feel bad that he doesn't have a more glamours wife. But then I think about just how great of a wife I am and being glamours pales in comparison to that. After all, am I not the wife that sent him off on a dream vacation while I hold down the fort? Told you I was great!

Hibernation has been great and somewhat productive (I am starting to win more and more when I play Sudoku). Since I work at home I have just as much time as I usually have and yet it somehow seems like I have more time and more energy. It must be that I spend way more time e-mailing and talking on the phone with (my) Mister than I think I do (hope his boss doesn't read this) because now that he is somewhere in a woods without cell phone reception I have spare time. Go figure.

It is snowing out as I type this. First flakes of the season. It has been wonderful donning the extra layer, gloves, and hat for a run instead of worrying about heat stroke. Now that cross country season is over I have the roads mostly to myself again. Not many people around here run in any less than stellar weather conditions. It makes me feel really powerful when I run in the rain, wind, snow, and cold.

Hope all is well in your worlds and that you can all figure out a way to have your own little working vacations. It is good for the soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time all by yourself! Enjoy--this I am sure like all vacations will end all too soon. (ORA)

Patty said...

This one may be ending soon, but I have the next one planned for the end of December. That is the one in which you will be taking a working vacation from your day job to do my day job so I can get out of the house. Just one of the many reasons why I love and appreciate you so much!