Monday, May 07, 2007

Places everyone! Hold that pose!
Just one more. That's it. Look like you're having fun!

One more thing crossed off the list this weekend, and prom festivities went off without a hitch. That is, if you don't think about the fact that I didn't take any pictures of my youngest alone, or of the back of her hair which turned out perfectly. The back of the hair is a standard picture in our family (remember mine?) how could I have slipped up so badly? Well, nothing I can do about it now is there?

Because I can't get away from the house I came up with this great idea for the kids to come over for drinks (this really surgery punch that I enjoyed way too much over the weekend) and appetizers. Because my youngest had her final college class on the semester on Saturday morning it put hair and everything else back several hours and we were still getting ready (arguing over her choice of lipstick color...she put on red with that color of dress and then got distressed as I was scrubbing it off) when it was time for everyone to arrive.

Regardless, everyone had a great time, and we did get enough pictures that you can all see how beautiful she looks...Just like her mother!

Sunday, I did two runs in preparation for the trail relay. I went out and did 5.5 in the morning, and then took a break from weeding in the early afternoon and did another 4 miles. (For whatever reason) I felt like running again in the late afternoon, but I refrained. About 8:00 in the evening it all caught up with me and I was down for the count for the remainder of the day. The plan for today is to take it easy (do you con yourself with words to that effect like I do?) and recover from the past week. Ya! Like that is going to happen... A girl can dream can't she?

Anyway, since blogging relaxes me I am starting my morning out with that (if you don't count the close to full days work I got done before 8:00 this morning. It felt good to let my fingers fly around the keyboard, thanks for being here so I could do that. Enjoy the prom pictures and I will be back soon.

2 comments:

Daniele said...

The pictures look great, and so do those dresses!! Very nice, good job.

Patty said...

The blue dress is the infamous one that both girls wanted and my youngest graciously let go of. In the end she liked the peach one much better, but after all she is like her mother in that regard as well. If you don't get what you want make what you get what you wanted all along. Life is too short for regrets.