Monday, May 14, 2007

It's the little things that matter.............................

I have to share the astounding fact that I am peeing more peacefully now, and until Saturday I didn't even know there was a problem.

(my) Mister put up the final piece of trim around the bathroom door AND painted it to match the other two sides! Now when I sit down to go, I see tranquil turquoise blue (matching) door trim instead of glaring white NEEDS TO BE FINISHED blank space. It makes me so happy and warms my soul to have that finished.

Also, except for the largest pile of yard waste ever (which is suppose to be carted away today)my yard looks fabulous! I had my yard boy (doesn't that make me sound important and rich?) come over and spread new mulch in my flower beds, and we took the bricks from the side of the yard where we are going to pour concrete (after the party, I lose) and put them down on the other side of the house so now all the junk (bikes, wheel barrels, canoe, etc...) on that side is organized and no longer sitting in the dirt.

The best news is with just a couple of little things to finish the house is ready for the party this weekend so I can focus on the food which will be relaxing rather than stressful because it is all I have to do. (my) Mister it taking Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off from work to watch the OPs and help out. We have been having so much fun working together the last couple of weeks (at least I have, you would have to check with him to make sure he hasn't simply bitten his tongue off rather than squabble with me) that I am really looking forward to spending the extra time with him.

Last thing...While typing, I keep glancing out the big window that is directly in front of me and being startled by the trees. No! They are not any different, but we cleaned the window so now they look three dimensional again instead of distant and foggy. Isn't life grand?

4 comments:

one4JC said...

Meme tagged! Come on over to mine to get the instructions....Yeah another fluff piece!

Patty said...

Oh! Goodie! Fluff reminds me of cotton candy, the fluffier the better.

Random Musings said...

WEEHOO to a clean house.. oh and a lawn boy..tee hee YOur so fabulous!

Patty said...

But Random...Living in CA you have that Pool Boy, don't you?

Hope vacation is going swimmingly.