Monday, May 21, 2007

A day to relax and collect my thoughts.................................

The party was a great success, good food, good friends, good conversation. My only complaint is I didn't have enough time to spend with everyone. All of the people that came to the party are very special to me and I don't get to see them, or spend time with them often enough.

And then yesterday was the 5K/10K trail race. (my) Mister did his first 5K race and finished in forty-three (43) minutes. I was (am) so proud of him! I know he is doing this running thing just to make me happy, but he didn't totally hate it, (and said he was only cursing me for the first mile and a half) but it also is going to be good for his health.

I did the 10K (6 miles) in one hour four minutes and twenty-two minutes (1:42:22) and considering how busy I was with the party the three days prior to the race I am VERY pleased and happy with my results.

So today I am spending in regrouping and catching my breath. Before you know it life will be back to normal and I will have time to get caught up on all of your blogs and get back to regular posts. How exciting it that?

2 comments:

Daniele said...

Congrats on a great party and on an excellent run!! For both of you.

Patty said...

Thanks, we are both pretty proud, but I think (my) Mister is just a wee bit prouder. Why is that? Because for two days now he has been walking around with his chest all puffed out, a slight swagger in his step. Makes me wish I had forced him to start running years ago!