Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I have been tagged by One4JC so I thought I would play.

Here are the rules:1. Go to Wikipedia and put in your birthday, without the year, in the search bar.2. List on your blog 3 events, 2 births, 1 death and 1 holiday that happens(ed) on your birthday. 3. Then tag 5 more friends to do it!

October 7

Events:

1492 - Christopher Columbus misses Florida when he changes course

1928 - Paavo Nurmi runs world record ten miles (50:15.0)

1952 - "American Bandstand" debuts on a local Philadelphia station

Births:

1931 - Desmond Tutu - South African Archbishop and Nobel Laureate

1943 - Oliver North - U.S. Marine and Politician

Death:

1849 - Edgar Allan Poe - American Writer

Holiday:

Composer day in Brazil

I am suppose to tag five people, but I always feel like I am putting added pressure on someone by doing so. Bending the rules a little I am going to ask all of you to check out your birthday in the above fashion and report back any interesting finding for all of us to enjoy. I learned something doing this little tag, and I bet you will as well. If you don't blog, feel free to use the comment section for your sharing.



3 comments:

Daniele said...

This is fun! I posted my results on my blog. Thanks Patty.

T-girl said...

This is cute, I will try to do it in the next day or so!

Oh and your previous post... about that bath... isn't that the most bizaar thing how something SO small make such an impact on your psychy? Speaking of which, I am sitting here thinking about what I should do today... maybe I will go paint my bedroom!

Hugs- T

Patty said...

Look forward to reading what you two turn up.

T-girl, I HATE PAINTING. I painted a (HUGE) lawn swing the other day and it was sheer torture! And it didn't help that (my)color-blind Mister got me out this bright yellow paint when it was suppose to be a nice tranquil tan. No idea where that came from, and since he is the keeper of the paint (some things I just don't want to know) I couldn't exchange it so now I have a sunny yellow swing that matches the siding of the house. I am still debating if I am going to uncover it and let anyone sit on it since it was such effort to paint the darn thing. I think we should just stand around and admire my hard work.