Thursday, May 24, 2007


My newest love....................................

Aren't they FABULOUS? Yes they have ruffles...leather ruffles that accent my toes perfectly.

During out last trip to DSW (to accumulate yet more points during a double points day) I was just about to leave when I spotted them. First I have to say I am a sucker for polka dots (what do these polka dots remind you of M?), but the ruffles are what sealed the deal.

I am pretty sure that this is only the second pair of shoes I have ever paid full price for ($32.00) but some things one just can't be made to resist.

My only dilemma now is that I had decided what I was going to wear to graduation but now that I have these new shoes I just might have to change my outfit so I can wear them. There isn't that same rule about not outshining the graduate as there is about not outshining the bride is there? Tough! I am her mother so I can do what I want, and she can wear out new leopard print ones (we went in halvesies on them) and that will make her happy.

And did I tell you I have made a pledge not to wear any heels after July 7 (if we go to the wedding) until after the marathon? Don't want to mess up my feet with all the increased training. Good thing I don't consider wedges as heels isn't it? Otherwise I would have nothing to wear and would have to buy a bunch of new flats. On second thought...

7 comments:

T-girl said...

Um, I think you should just wear the shoes, anything else would distract from the beauty that is them.... although now that I think about it a naked parent may be a bit of a distraction!!!!!!!!! No, in that case you should just send them to me!!!!

Did it work? Do I at least get an A for effort? ROTFL

Patty said...

How did you find out my secret? (my) Mister promised not to tell any one that I like the shoes best when worn independant of other distractions?

Would you settle for my first born instead? Naw, I'm counting on her to provide for me in my old age...

How about I rent them to you? I'll give you a great deal. Promise!

Daniele said...

Great shoes. Love them. And love polka dots too! You must show me the complete and final outfit.

Patty said...

Okay, but the dress is not all that exciting. It is a simple (turquoise)sleevless, with a square neck line. I actually wore it to my graduation from PTA school back in 1996. Since I was too fat to wear it for five or so years it is like new. I have tried on about a hundred or so dresses over the past months but just didn't love one enough to be willing to pay the price they want for a dress these days, especially since this one is so functional.

And this way there will be no competition for the shoes.

Random Musings said...

OHH new shoes.. I am squealling like a school girl!!
No new shoes for me for a bit but I will live vicariously through you..

Random Musings said...

youve been tagged

Patty said...

Member, no heels for me until October, and I don't buy flats too often.

I will be getting new running shoes in a couple of months. Maybe we should bring out the oldies but goodies. I am sure we both have a pair or two that has not been photographed and pranced around blog land. That will see us throught the summer, don't ya think?

Tagged? Okay, I have a look see soon.