Friday, March 09, 2007

Vain, self-involved, self-centered. All about ME.....................................

I am so enamoured with my new boobs it is hysterical. First, one has to remember that I am not a stand-in-front-of-a-mirror kind of gal. I am the kind of gal that can go a week or more without washing her hair and/or combing it and be okay. But I gotta tell you, since my surgery I find myself not only standing in front of the mirror on a regular basis, semi-worshiping my boobs, but making them jiggle slightly, JUST BECAUSE I CAN!

It isn't about their size, or about how I look in clothes, it's all about the fact that they are right where boobs are suppose to be and after all these years of them NOT being where they're suppose to be I am simply, totally, amazed and mesmerized by that fact. Ready to ROFL (thank T-girl for my shorthand)? I caught a couple minutes of the Bo Derek biography last night and honest to God when they played the clip of her running on the beach in the movie 10, I totally thought to myself, "What is so hot about hers? Mine are at least as good if not better." Yes I did! It is so bad that had I known I was going to be this pleased I think I would have put the cost of them onto a credit card back in the day. Of course had I done that not only would I still be paying them off, but gravity most likely would have played its dirty trick on me and they would be back where they started by now. By waiting till now, not only do I appreciate them more, but I will be senile and in the nursing home by the time they fall again so who cares?

And what is up with this?

While I was in the bridal store the other night, totally spying on some woman trying on gowns I had this overwhelming urge (NO! not to get remarried, three times is DEFINITELY enough of that) to work there. I could soooo picture myself helping some happy bride-to-be find the perfect dress (no matter the price tag since I work on commission) fluffing, flouncing, oohing and aahing over her, being an integral part of making the most important day in her life perfect. (No matter that I think all the days of the marriage are way more important than one's wedding day). I was positively caught up in the whole idea of being a perfect bridal consultant.

And the same thing happen in the shoe store when my youngest was picking out her shoes to go with her prom dress. One of the sales people told me it was her first day on the job and this sent me right into daydreaming about working there. Again how I would be able to help someone find the perfect shoe (how easy would that be as all shoes are perfect in my eye), how wonderful it would be to be surrounded by gobs and gobs of new shoes, the excitement of unpacking a new shipments and feeling like it was Christmas morning even if I couldn't keep them all, the practical side of me planning how to keep from spending every penny I earned on shoes since my employee discount was enormous in my fantasy. Yes! I am aware that I need a twelve step program.

I am not unhappy with my current job, not even bored, and this is not normal behavior for me. Just makes me wonder if there isn't something new brewing on the horizon for me? Time will tell I guess.

Speaking of new...I have also been thinking a lot about the writing of the book that I know is inside of me. I ask myself why I have not done so as of yet. I know that I am completely intimidated and put off by the idea of writing an entire book, which is one of the reasons I love blogging so much. It is short sweet and to the point simple. Another reason I never get started is because I can never totally decide on a specific enough topic. For this reason I beseech you, what topic of book would you like to read by me?

And now that I have fulfilled my indulgence of me, I want to share one more little story with you. Yesterday my sister called me and told me that she finally got the letter I wrote her dated February 15. My first reaction was to say, "Well it is a good thing you didn't die during surgery then because you were suppose to get it so I was sure you knew the things I wrote as you were going into surgery." Seems it had gotten thrown into a pile of mail and my sister isn't as anal about things as I am so she was just getting around to going through it yesterday. The big point to the story is she went on to tell me how much the letter meant to her and that she couldn't remember the last time someone had told her that they were proud of her. Never mind the sadness of that fact, take this as your cue to write a letter to someone you love and let them know what they mean to you. Not an e-mail, not a card, but an honest to goodness pen and paper letter sent through the old fashion postal system, and then trust that while it might not reach them when you think it will, it will reach them right when it is suppose to.

8 comments:

T-girl said...

Lord in heaven... I have so many comments where to start! LOL

Boobs- I can't wait to have all my kids so I can life those puppies back up where they belong! They are not to bad now but they DEFINITLY are NOT as perky as they use to be!

NEVER, EVER, EVER give me a job in shoes store! Hubby would leave me for always being gone and never making any money! In fact it is pretty sure that he would hire someone to see just where I am going everyday because he is not going to believe I actually have a job... except for all the shoes!

How funny to hear you say exactly what I think about everytime I go to write mine! Do you have any clue how many manuscripts I have laying about... 1/4 finished! LOL

Okie said...

Excellent post. A very nice read. Congrats on your boobs. As to wondering about new jobs, I think you moved the thought along nicely. It shouldn't be about finding a new career path, but rather about doing something new and very fulfilling such as writing that book within you. We all have books within us, and based on your post here (I haven't read the others yet...just stumbled in), you have a nice way of putting words together that could turn into a great story. I wish you luck with it. :)

Patty said...

At least you have started. We need to start thinking of a way we can inspire one another to get moving. Maybe for every chapter finished we can get a new pair of shoes, and when it is complete and on it's way to the publisher's a new body part?

Patty said...

Dear Okie,

Thanks for stumbling, I will reciprocate in time.

Even more, thanks for all the wonderful compliments. When I finally do get off my butt and write the greatest Americian novel ever maybe you would like to be president of my fan club? I think you have a way with words as well, but what's not to love when someone is showering you with loving words? Thanks again.

Random Musings said...

Oh new boobs... mine are still "ok" I have not had kids so they have not yet packed there bags to head south, I think they are thinking about it soon though, they are dd's but so far so good.

After all the death in the family lately I am planning on writing a letter to the hubby in case of my death, also to friends and family. Seems a little morbid and we do tell each other all the time we love each other but I would love for him to have that to hold on too.
And I am trying to get him to do it too just in case I have issues

Patty said...

DDs! You might have to resort to wearing two sports bras when you run to keep them in line.

I get why you want to write the letter. As I said, I did this before my surgery. I also plan to update the letters yearly if I am blessed with continued life. Hopefully that plan will not be like how I plan to wash the windows every spring and never quite seem to get around to it, or at least not to every single window. With the letters it would have to be all or nothing as I wouldn't want to be accused of playing favorites and not being around to defend myself.

Jenna said...

Yah ok, I can't believe I haved failed to comment about this for all of this time... anyway when I found out about your new friends I was so jealous! I went about 2 years ago to see about getting mine done and the first thing that turned me off was that the dr. told me to loose weight first- secondly a friend of mine had gotten them done about 6 months before and I saw them all throughout the healing process and I couldn't do it- I couldn't bare the thought of my nipples being re-sewn back on... wish I could do it-I really truly do.. but I can't - you are so brave- did you happen to get the "lazer bra"? I have heard much about that procedure.. anyway good for you though...

Patty said...

Since I don't know what lazer bra means, I guess not. And if it helps any, think of it not as your nipples being re-sewn-back-on, but re-arranged, like one does to furniture, or as the area around the nipples being r-s-b-o as, at least in my case, that is really what they did moved the areoa area that the nipple just happens to be a part of.

I know it isn't fun to hear but it is good that your doc was honest about his thinking you should lose weight firt. I think I have mentioned this before, but I know someone that had a breast reduction to make her feel better and inspire her to lose weight. She ended up with a mess, one B to C cup, and one A+ cup. Imagine this on a 290# woman. She is currently recovering from going in and getting breast enlargements and P.S. she has yet to lose any weight. When the time is right for you, you will find your way to new boobs. Remember it took me twenty years to get there.