Monday, March 19, 2007

So much to do, so little time.................

Yesterday I spent all my morning computer time comparing different music systems to replace my Ipod. I am thinking of getting a portable XM instead of just an MP3 player of some sort. (my) Mister loves this part of shopping, and can easily take months and months planning, comparing, deciding. I am more of an "I want what I want, show it to me and put it on sale so I can get this phase over with" kind of gal. Call me selfish, but I think it is much more fun to use the perfect item than to hunt for the perfect item.

In the afternoon I spent all of my extra time (this would be NON -running, -talking on the phone, -hot tubing, -laying around watching old movies and one newer released DVD time) looking for a place my youngest and I can go for her up and coming spring break. We were excited about going down to my oldest daughters for a couple of days, but her schedule is not going to jive with ours so we are on our own to find something new to do. We checked out some day spas and some spas that have lodges with them, but the notion of spending a thousand bucks on a two day vacation was vetoed by my youngest. If only I had her incite and wisdom when I was her age, I would be so much more financially secure today. Believe it or not, some of the best pricing is right in our own backyard (NOT really OUR backyard... I could see that special... Come roll around in mud, dead leaves, and moss...dog poop included for free... but less than a half hour from home). This way we can opt to stay in a hotel, or use that money for an extra treatment. Since it is also her birthday treat, the youngest gets to decide. I just get to go along because I am spoiled.

So it is snowing this morning. Suppose to be sixty degrees by the middle to end of the week. Now there is one aspect of change that I seem to be able to embrace without the slightest bit of trouble. It ranks right up there with weight loss and new shoes. I thought about putting new clothes in the previous sentence, but that change is a bit harder for me. I really grow attached to my clothes, and the way they soften and mold to your particular body shape after a few wearings. New clothes have an adjustment period, no matter how much I like them in the store or how they look on me that puts them a smidgen below the other three things.

Okay! I am going to go for now. From my current position I keep eyeing the three or four leaves and couple of clumps of mud that wandered into the house last Thursday or Friday. It was another one of THOSE experiments. You know, the kind we all do from time to time. Purposely leave it there just to see if anyone else notices it and cleans it up even through you know it ain't ever going to happen. In this particular case, a family member came in on Saturday to pick up a resident, and had a mini freak-out thinking that she had brought it in with her. My two test subjects (the youngest and (my) Mister) were both in the room at the time I reassured her it had been there, and was waiting for someone to take care of it. I even brought it up to my youngest yesterday sharing how interesting I thought it was that the presence of mud beside her didn't phase her at all, OR induce her to clean it up. She simply moved a couple of feet away from it and kept working on what she was doing. So with one more experiment giving me said expected results I am off to clean it up, start the laundry, and do all the other Monday morning chores the need doing. What was that I was saying about being spoiled? Mmmm...

3 comments:

T-girl said...

ROTFLMAO! Oh that is priceless... that is SO my house! The dog vomited in the computer room NEXT TOO the hubbies chair the other day. Wondering if he will notice it/clean it up (I have no idea why I do this either btw, all it does is drive me batty!) I left it. I even mentioned it last night "ew the dog vomited right there! Nice! I just steamvaced this rug last week!" His response (without looking away from his computer) was "huh? He did? Ok!" LMAO BTW... still there this evening! ;)

Oh and um, I hope you understand when I say I think I will go to the other place that is a tad more expensive! I really am not fond of the dogpoop facial... although the leave enima had me on the fence! LMAO

Hugs- T

Random Musings said...

Ohh spa!!! So jelous

Patty said...

T-girl,

If only we could figure out a way to make dog dodo facials appealing we could make a fortune. I am sure that once upon a time there was someone out there that was appalled at the idea of paying to have mud smeared all over themselves and today it is the basis of a fast growing industry. Keep working on that idea would ya? I know when we can get the supplies for real cheap!

Random,

Would it be mean to say that the only reason I picked a spa is because I KNEW you would be jealous and wanted to get back at you for getting to do wound care? Not true...You're welcome to join us.