Thursday, March 22, 2007

Scaredy-dog..................

As opposed to scaredy-cat that is. Currently we are having a really great thunder storm, but thunder and lightening are just one more thing in the long list of things that Emma is afraid of. At the first streak of lightening she attaches herself to me and doesn't leave my side until she is sure the storm is over. Wonder how dog whisperer would explain this one, I love storms.

The saying goes, "rain before seven, done by eleven." This is an especially good thing today as my youngest has her first meet of the season this afternoon. When she left for school this morning her last words to me where, "See you tomorrow." Apparently the bus will not return to the school until midnight, and we all know I won't be up at that time of night. Unless of course I had been asleep and woke up and can't get back to sleep. Here's to hoping I didn't jinx myself by saying I would be asleep. I don't really believe in jinxing now. Do I?

Even though it happens EVERY single year, I am always amazed at the burst of energy I get once warm weather arrives. Yesterday I was looking for things to clean. Definitely NOT my normal behavior, though once upon a time when I had nothing else to define myself with this WAS normal behavior for me. Unbelievable as it seems today there really was a time in my life when I used to sweep and mop my floors EVERY SINGLE DAY! Ya! I was crazy back then. (though if this describes you, and works for you, please don't be offended. The way I did it was truly dysfunctional) Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how badly the rug needs to be vacuumed) I have made peace with dirt and dust and co-habituate with them quite nicely these days.

I took the cones off my roses yesterday and pulled weeds for a half hour or so, and this made me feel fabulous and full of energy. Hopefully I will be able to get back outside once the rain ends because the weeds come out really easy when the soil is wet. Maybe this will be the year that I manage to stay on top of the weeds and keep my yard looking great all summer long. Most years I grow tired of the up-keep around the end of July (right when the produce is starting to come in) and everything gets overrun. I simply make a game out of hunting for the veggies among the weeds as it is more entertaining than weeding at that point in time.

Here is some food for thought... Since I think of weeding as being very therapeutic, does this mean I am burnt out on therapy by July, or that I am cured? Ya! Like that is ever going to happen!

My youngest came up with her choices of pampering on our spa day. She picked a deep cleansing facial, a salt glow treatment, a herbal bath followed by an hour and a half deep relaxing massage, and rounded things off with a pedicure. The place also lets you select food from an area restaurant and they go and pick it up for you. How cool is that? And bonus, since we are having so many things done they gave us ten percent off of each treatment. In the scheme of spa pricing, I think their prices are very reasonable, but Dave Ramsey would probably tell me I should be putting the money on our debt instead of being pampered. Actually I told myself the very same thing, and then promptly ignored myself. I can be very good at that when I want to be.

Enough of this Hodge-podge post. Get out there, enjoy your day, laugh, shout, let yourself be heard, or enter into quiet contemplation. Whatever works for you, whatever you need for today!

5 comments:

T-girl said...

Only a man would tell you to put the money in a bank/debt instead of yourself where it will do the most good! ;) Ok, fine the creditor thing but really, think how much more relaxed and able you will be to deal with them if you have been to the SPA that day! Seriously, MUCH better! ;)

Have fun I am jealous! Big J told me the other day that he thinks things like a trip to the spa is worth a bit of overtime.... I jumped right on that wagon and said, "memememeememeem!!!!!!" LOL

Hugs- T

T-girl said...

BTW- I forgot to say... weather SUCKS HERE! Seriously, they might as well just put a big rain cloud up and say "we'll let you know if there is a change" on the local news. Think about how much more they could cover. I wonder if the weatherman ever feels his life is meaningless or like he is stuck in a rut. Like he just does the same thing over and over everyday... even the weather doesn't change! LOL Poor guy, now THERE is someone who needs anti-depresants! ;)

Patty said...

I knew a fellow woman would understand why I HAVE to go to the spa T-girl.

If it makes you feel better I did my run in a drizzle/kind of rain today. Only saw one other runner out there, all those fair weather runners were still home sipping coffee I guess. I was pretty excited cuz I signed up for a 5K in a couple of weeks so I went for speed and did the three miles in 27 minutes, and the total five mile distance in 50 minutes. All my 5K times last year were 30 to 33 minutes so I'm geeked!

Oh! Check out your weatherman's eyes next time the camera zooms in for a close-up. My money says he IS on something, if not precription something. Our area head haunco weather man lives in our town and got divorced last year or so. I did hear a couple of jokes stating the reason she divorced him was because of his bad forcasts. I personally think it was because of his bad ties but what do I know?

Random Musings said...

I am so excited for you about your spa treatments!! I love storms too, we do not get too many out here in Cali but back home in Canada we did. I love the rain!
They do say its going to be the hottest summer on record so this should get interesting!

Patty said...

Random,

Just think, if it is record heatwaves it will be a great excuse to buy lots of new strappy sandles to help keep your feet cool.