Monday, March 12, 2007

Interrupting your day to bring you this message...............................

Still in love with my new toy stumbleupon. I came across a site with quotes on it and thought I would share the one below:


"There is no failure. Only feedback.” (author unknown)


What a powerful message that can be if one will embrace it, take it to heart, practice it. Occasionally we get things right the first time, but most of the time there is a huge learning curve needed until we feel success. How many times during this learning curve do we take time out to beat ourselves up? More than likely a lot more time is spent on that than is spent on encouraging ourselves for hanging in there and trying again.

Is it easier to throw in the towel and quit than to try, try again? I think this depends a lot on a person's personality. I know once I have said I was going to do something I have a hard time letting go, even once it is apparent it is no longer the thing to be doing. I am sure a big part of this stems from my fear of the "F" word! No! No! Anything but failure!

In embracing the above quote I would rid myself of this fear and open myself up to adventure. To truly believe that "There is no failure. Only feedback.” opens up a floodgate of possibilities that will eventually lead to success,

A two-year-old gets this quote, and if you have (or had) one you have seen this in action. If something catches their attention they go after it. As obstacles get in their way, they regroup and alter their plan of attack, often until either the object of their quest is physically removed or else they are. Do they let this get them down, grab their blanky and go sulk in their crib for the remainder of the day, nurturing a feeling of failure? Not on your life! Before one knows it, they are off after something else with as much determination and stamina as ever. We could learn much from said two-year-old, and yet society often dictates that we squelch this behavior most of the time; a great clothing sale and corporate ladder climbing being a couple of possible exceptions.

The next time you start a new project, or pick up an old one, look at it with two-year-old eyes, examine the feedback, believe there is no failure. The life (and/or outlook) you change just might be your own.

5 comments:

Has to be me said...

Good ones! thnx 4 sharing! :)

Patty said...

You're welcome. Have you made the move back to India yet?

T-girl said...

Ok, I know it was deep BUT... I had to laugh at this: "they regroup and alter their plan of attack, often until either the object of their quest is physically removed or else they are."

Half way through reading this I had to take a pen away from someone that she found in Mommies breifcase. Before I knew it she had "regrouped and altered"... she quietly went BACK to Mommies breifcase, grabbed TWO other pens, hid one behind her back as I caught her, handed the one in front over and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her behind the counter where I couldn't see to play with the other one! LMAO

T-girl said...

Stupid blogger... it froze up on me! I am sorry! The two deletes were from me! ;)

Patty said...

Thanks for proving my point, that was pretty clever of her. She probably took stock on the first trip knowing she would have to be using plan B since she has an attentive mommy.

Don't feel bad about the deleted comments, I do it frequently myself. Just when I give in and decide the comment isn't going to post it goes and shows me...Multiple times.