Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Weird, weirder, weirdest...............

This tag, compliments of Has to be me, is to list weird things about myself. Those that know me personally, could probably generate a long, long list in a very short period of time. Since my weirdness is also my normal, I might overlook a thing or two. Feel free to add to my list in the comment section. Here goes:

Mmmmmmmmmmm...

I'm thinking.... (Weird... How about... No! Maybe... Wait!) I know...

I talk to myself! No, I mean it. I constantly have conversations with myself. You say everyone does that? Okay, so maybe my weirdness comes in under the fact that I actually enjoy these conversations, find them beneficial, and think of myself as good company. Weird, I know.

I ABSOLUTELY refuse to allow my family to "love me more." When they say they love me, I reply, "I love you more." Once in a while one of my children will try to say, "I love you more." They get the "I am the mother, blah, blah, blah, so I love you more speech." My oldest has even managed to slip the words into the end of a phone conversation and then hang up quickly. I HAD to call her back to set her straight on who loves who more. Is this weird, or simply a mother's due?

In times of real crisis, I am cool as a cucumber. When little things go wrong my response is much more dramatic. Someone passes out, call 911, hand over paperwork, assist as needed. Someone cuts themself, "WHAT! I have to stop what I am doing to find you a bandaide? Get blood on the rug and I will kill you. Now you are going to try and get out of all your jobs around the house because your injured right?" Alright, even I think this one is a little out there.

I have a sick fasination about (my) Mister's former romantic relationships. I am sure this stems from some deep-seeded insecurity, but when I listen to him telling me how so and so did such and such, I always feel like the way we are together is far superior. Weird AND condensending.

Speaking about fasinations, I also have one about people's poop, not just mine. I totally blame this one on my job, plus I have read tons of information about how to "read" poop to determine the health of a person. My family thinks it is just gross when they are helping me toilet someone and I won't flush until I look at it. How else am I suppose to document the size and consistency? (If you are not in the health field, trust me, it HAS to be documented.) My family has kind of gotten used to the poop discusions I have with them to gage there level of health and wellness. Poop patterns really are a great indication of someone's level of wellness, weird as it might sound.

Now some things that might be deemed weird, but not very:

In order to relax, I have to have things around me neat, tidy, and organized.

I have food cycles when all I eat is the same thing for a week in a row, and then I don't eat that food again for months.

I celebrate my pets birthdays.

I also talk to them like they are people. (and answer for them as well.)

I play games with things that drive me nuts. For example, when my youngest leaves something laying around I try and see how long I can ignore it and let it lay there before telling her to pick it up, to see 1. if she will notice, and pick it up on her own (rarely, if ever happens) and/or 2. how long I can stand having something out of place. (I think of it as character/tolorance building. The shortest length of time would be just after the item has come to rest on a surface, and the longest was probably about two days... I was proud of that one!)

I cry harder, longer, and with more emotion when I am happy about something than when I am upset about something. I will fill you in on more about this one in tomorrows post, but for now I need to put away my weirdness and get on with my day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty, when I want to relax & see a clutter, I have to clean and then relax

Patty said...

See... It is only the slobs of the world that think this is weird. The rest of us know that this is totally normal.

Thanks for the picture. (my) Mister loved it, and had also never seen anything like it. Is is an Indian bug, or local to your area?

Has to be me said...

Patty,
Thanks for taking the tag...& its well done. I laffed hard on the poop! Reminded me of my friends hubby who used to complain his wife doing this abt their daughter's poop! But I somehow cant understand how u can read poop & relate it to one;s health! I did try it once (my own) & was terribly unsuccessful & concluded that Im in good health unless I've a running stomach! LOL!

I also talk to myself attimes....but it has reduced considerably these days...lack of time maybe?!

I like the cool cucumber...I also do so....but dunno if i can be so when it comes to emotional stuff.

Mister's romantic....smart lady...lotta courage eh?!

And lastly, I know u celebrate u bday this month....so advance/belated bday wishes. Have a gr8 bday & a super yr ahead & pls do lemme know the 'date'.

Huggzzzz.......

Patty said...

October 7 is my day. I actually like March 17 better... St. Patrick's day... As this is my name day/name saint.

(my) Mister is romantic where it counts. I told him not to bring me flowers or candy, so when he thinks about doing that, he puts the money in a special fund and then gives it to me when I need race registration/hotel money, or other things for my running. Some people might not think of this as romantic, but it works well for us.

Has to be me said...

Yup even Im not so much for flowers/candy! And as long as the 2 of u r happy the way things r, guess thats fine! :)