Sunday, October 08, 2006

"MY DAY" in review.....................

So another year begins, full of promise and hope. Before it does, allow me one more look back to fill those of you in that missed the actual activities of the day.

One of the ways that (my) Mister spoils me is to have the coffee ready in the morning so I just have to push the button and start it. With him gone on his little camping vacation, I have been having to make the coffee myself. I know, life is tough! Anyway, I had decided that I was going to drink tea yesterday ( I am finding it hard to really enjoy black coffee. I miss half and half!)and use the cold, day old coffee if anyone HAD to have coffee instead of tea. I came into the kitchen and noticed a note on the coffee pot. It was from my youngest and it said, "Happy Birthday Mommy. I think I did it right, but you might want to check. :)Love, _____." Wasn't that the sweetest surprise?

About a half hour later I received a phone call from my oldest, over achieving, daughter. She wanted to be the first to actually speak to me on my birthday, and was happy to hear she won. Considering her own coffee pot has broken earlier in the week, and like her mother she is searching for the best deal before getting a new one, I give her extra points for getting out of bed on a Saturday morning and doing her daughterly duty coffee free!

About a week and a half ago, I received her present in the mail, so I finally got to open it over the phone. She got me not one, but two pair of running gloves. One for fall, and one for winter to keep my hands toasty warm during training. The best part of that present, was I just told her what I wanted and she did all the research and comparing and the gloves just showed up on my doorstep. How cool is that?

My son showed up mid-morning to give me the gift of yard work. I am one of those horrible people that want gifts of time and effort rather than purchased presents. He carried all of my monster plants back inside (we could be getting a killer frost any day now), and that made me feel really good. (my) Mister will be pleased with this present as well, as it will save his back from having to do it.

My next surprise came in with the mail. My grand-dog sent me an adorable card with a ten times more adorable picture of himself in it. If I get motivated, I will post it so you can see the family resemblance. There was also a card from (my) Mister! (NOTE: He had called earlier and tried to sing happy birthday to me, but mean wife that I am, I made him stop as it was hurting my ears... Don't be mad honey!) I don't know why this touched me so much, but it did. It never even occured to me that he would put a card in the mail, thinking to time it to reach me on "the day" and everything. It made me feel like the most special person in the world. Take it from me, phone calls are nice, e-mails okay, but there is nothing like getting a card or letter the old fashion way, and being able to hold it in your hand and read it over, and over, and over. Send someone you love some snail mail and see if they don't agree with me.

Another of my little birthday treats was a really good Ghost Whisper episode (taped on Friday night) that I was able to watch with only a couple of interuptions. This might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but most days I swear I am changing my name to Jack (as in "in the box") because I have to jump up and down every few minutes to tend to the needs of the OPs. I really enjoyed getting all wrapped up in the show from start to finish, comercial free!

Enough birthday tales... Time to get on with today, this year, and all of the surprises it has in store for all of us! Get excited, I know it is going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a gr8 time with people who mattered the most. I sent U an email.

Patty said...

Thank you. I sent you one back.