Friday, October 27, 2006

Passing on the word as promised.............

When I was in the emergancy room last week, they did a routine EKG to make sure my heart was okay. I don't really understand it, but the doctor told me some of my waves were not quite normal so I had to have a stress test to check things out. As if my day to day stresses are not enough to prove that my heart is just fine!

Anyway, the test was yesterday. When the doctor's office called, they told me to wear comfortable clothing. Well, when I think treadmill, I think running clothing, so that is what I wore. Because it is cold now, I had on two layers. When I went in to start the test, I told the guy that I needed to undress first. He replied that he hoped I wasn't planning to take everything off, and relaxed when he saw my shorts. The tank top I had on still made it hard for him to place his electodes so I said," Well I have on a sports bra if that would make it easier." Off with the tank top. It isn't that I am an exhibitionist or anything, but this was a clinical procedure, and I was used to wearing shorts and a sports bra back when I was on PTA school. The guy rewarded me by telling me I was the first ever patient to come so prepared for the test, and at the end of the test he jokingly told me that it would be great if I could pass on the word to others that a sports bra is a GREAT thing to wear if you ever have to have a treadmill stress test. Consider it done techy. I also told him that what he really needed to do was contact the doctor's offices and tell them to give the patient more detailed information as to proper attire, as what is comfortable to one could mean totally something else to someone else. We also had fun with the idea of them supplying the sports bras, coming to the conclusion that paper ones just wouldn't work, so they would have to send real ones out to the laundry with the rest of the linen. And, by the way, my test results were fine. They said for my age my working exercise rate was above average. How's that for an over achiever like me?

On another bright note, Cecil seems to be doing better this morning. He even pounced out of hiding this morning to scare my youngest, one of his favorite things to do, so she was cheered by this. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind thoughts for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Cecil is feeling better. I read your post yesterday, but had difficulties leaving a comment.

Patty said...

Sometimes I have trouble with the $#%^&#@% blog myself. Like two days ago when I had typed the entire thing and couldn't get it to publish and then lost it... Grrrrrrrr!

I will tell Cecil you send your regards. Thank you on his behalf.