Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Times a wastin..............................

Or else I'm just wasting time! For having only three residents to care for, it seems that I should have all kinds of free time, and yet it was almost two thirty yesterday afternoon before I sat down to eat lunch. So what am I doing with all my time? Mmmmmm...

Having time to look around my house, added to the fact that we have a new open space, has put me into a purge mode. I seem to walk into a room and the next thing I know I am rearranging something, taking something off the wall, or a shelf. After having extra furniture squished into my look at room (everyone else calls this a living room, but this is the room that is suppose to be nice for company, thus looked at, not lived in.) I may be taking the sparse look a bit to far. I have this insane desire to throw everything out (well not in the trash, but toss it towards new homes) I cleared away a bunch of knick knacks, and when (my) Mister came home I had him moving pictures. Poor guy!

For the past two years I have looked at this stupid black cord stretching along the wall from the stereo, round the corner, and propped up on the fridge to pull in the satelite signal. It finally occured to me to move the stereo cabinet across the room and access the window to pull in the signal. NO BLACK CORD staring me in the face anymore! My question is why did it take me so long to look for a solution rather than spend tons of energy to not be bothered by the problem in the first place? Am I the only one that does this? I think not.

For the sake of confidentiality, I will refer to this twenty something as Miss X. Miss X cracks me up, and reminds me so much of me when I was that age. I tell her she missed her calling as a stand up comic, when she comes over and replays the current problem in her life. One day, it was about getting in the wrong line when signing up for classes. If only I could have bottled the energy she used up getting all upset in the first place, and then reliving it over and over again, I could have started my own power plant. I know she thinks I am the crazy one when I tell her repeatedly that the struggles she has today are preparing her for tomorrow, but I kinda think she is listening.

What is the current black cord, sucking the life energy out of you? Decided, today to problem solve so you can find the proper place for it, and thus reduce your energy drain. Then go out and use that extra energy and have some real fun. Enjoy!

No comments: