Friday, November 17, 2006

The power of angels, believe it or not....................

Don't think I am being disrespectful as you read the story I am about to share with you. I believe that each of us have angels looking over us, ready to do anything for us that we ask them to do. I also believe that nothing is too big OR (in this case) too insignificant for them to do out of love for us. All they require is that we ask them for help. Okay, here is my story...

As I said yesterday, my washer quit working last Thursday. One of my residents has night time incontinence. Friday morning her bed was soaked. I went to the laundry mat, threw the stuff in the washer, and went and ran for the twenty minutes it needed to wash. Everything was fine.

Again, not to be disrespectful, but so you get the significance of the point I am trying to make, said resident has been creating a load of wash every night for months. Get this...While I was without a washer, she never did more than dampen the pad underneath her on Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday night, or Wednesday night. Thursday night (after the washer was fixed) Every single iten on the bed, clear down to the mattress pad was soiled and needed to be washed Friday morning. I know this sounds nuts/crazy/insane/ but it is exactly what happen.

Soiling the bed is not a VOLUNTARY thing that she does or does not do, it is not in her control. For this reason, the only other thing that makes any sense to me is that my angels took care of the problem to help me out from having to run to the laundry mat every day. Isn't that the coolest thing you ever heard?

Please don't be upset if you have a different opinion of an Angels jobs. Try and entertain the fact that there are enough angels around to do all the pious religious stuff that needs to be done. Each of us have at least three angels just to do things for us, like find lost kesy, good parking spaces, extra time to do the things we need to get done. Again, all you have to do is ask for their help, and then be willing to recognize it when it happens. Give it a try, what do you have to lose except a lot of stress in your life.

No comments: