Monday, November 06, 2006

I can't believe I haven't posted.................

I know it hasn't been that long, but it seems like it. I continue to have time management problems, and it seems the days just slip past me with not much to show for them, besides the joy of no stress and pressure. Don't discount the greatness of that! I am loving it!

I think I mentioned I am looking for a heart rate monitor to help me increase my speed. I know I need to do that if I want to increase my current fitness level (which is pretty darn good right now by the way). I have a real problem making myself run faster for any great length of time, and getting a running partner to push me isn't really an option at this time in my life. This is were the HR monitor comes in.

Having all the info about HR monitors at my disposal thanks to the web, I have been trying my hand at reasearching the different models. Overwhelming to say the least. After laboring for many hours I had decided on one particular model, but wanted my oldest to check it out and give me her opinion. In the meantime, glancing through my Woman's Health I came across an ad for another HR monitor. Just in case it was a sign, I thought I would check it out. Long story short, after an additional hour of research I thought it sounded pretty cool, until I came across the price, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. For that price the dumb thing should be preforming the exercise for me don't ya think? Even IF I thought the built in trainer feature was worth the extra three hundres dollars, after I read a review from a guy that said he had yet to figure out how to use the feature, I determined this was NOT the device for me. I think you will agree once I clue you in on the fact that I have yet to figure out how to set the split alert on my Grammon, and I have had that for over two years. I am just not a techie, so for me less is more.

The above paragraph is a perfect example of what I started to write about at the begining of this post. Sorry if you feel that I have wasted your time talking about my trivial indulgances. Hopefully you are either a fast reader, or had an interest in what you just read so you don't feel the post a total waste of time. In case you did have an interest the model I have pretty much decided on is the Polar F11. If anyone has an opinion on this model, or a better one for me to check out, please share. Have a blessed day.

No comments: