Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Did I tell you I was pregnant?..................

Before any of you panic, especially (my) Mister, relax folks, I am not really with child. I had another interesting dream last night. So interesting I decided it would be good blog material...

In my dream I had a baby boy. Not knowing I had been pregnant this was an interesting suprise, one that took some getting used to. I remember thinking, I have to write a post "Did I tell you I was pregnant?", and follow it up with, "Well guess what? He is already here!" Also, for whatever reason in this dream, I was working outside the home, even though I was still taking care of the OPs. I had come home from work and was doing this and that when I realized I had not fed my newborn son. I remember thinking, Well, I hope someone thought to feed him while I was gone. (Please note: I was a much more attentive mom with my first three children.)

I began nursing the baby, and while doing so I decided I should save some of the breast milk for the next day so he didn't have to drink formula. When I WAS nursing (all those years ago) I had a very strong let-down reflex, so instead of having to pump I would have the baby start eating on one side and could put a cup under the other side and collect a good four ounces. Well, being out of practice I guess, I started him feeding BEFORE I had a cup in place. I began to spray breast milk all over the room. And I mean all over, from floor to ceiling. I was yelling for (my) Mister (does this make him the father?) to bring me a cup. Finally deciding to get one myself I got up to go to the kitchen and noticed wheel chair tracks in the breast milk on the floor. (my) Mister must have been busy toileting a resident which is why he didn't hear my request for a cup. That is about all I remember from the dream, other than the notion that the baby was a really patient guy, never crying of demanding anything from me and yet happy to take whatever I had to offer to him, not like a real baby at all. I told you it was a dream!

NO! I do not think that this forcasts a new child in my future. According to dream symbolism dreaming of birth represents something new coming into one's life. The way the baby presented itself (just sort of being there) makes me think that this new thing in my life is going to either come as a surprise, or else is going to be something that I layed a foundation for some time ago and it is just now coming to fruition. I have a couple of ideas what this might be, but I want to sit with it a while before sharing more.

Regardless, it is exciting to think of a new adventure coming into my life. It is also comforting to think that when it does, while it might bring some chaos with it I will handle it okay (I didn't yell that loud or long for someone to bring me the cup!). I also feel good about the fact that if I don't recognize the new gift right away it will be patient with me and give me the time I need to adjust and nurture it.

I am wondering if you are all wondering 1. Have I completely gone over the edge, 2. Why did I come to the interpertation that I arrived at, and 3. Could I really spray breast milk on the ceiling. I will respond, 1. NO, 2. That is what my intuition says to me, and 3. Yes! Back in the day my best shot was a distance of six feet, and yes we measured it! There was never a question as to whether my babies were getting milk. They used to nurse by taking in a huge breath of air and then gulping until they ran out, then breaking away to breath while the flowing milk dribbled down their chin, but this is off topic so enough of that.

Do any of you track your dreams? I think dreams are a really great way to problem solve, if you just pay attention to what they have to tell you. Before/while drifting off to sleep at night think about what you want to learn from your dreams. In the morning, or if you are really dedicated if you wake up from one in the middle of the night, record the dream by either writing it down (prefered method, but I am always to lazy to do this) or going over it in your mind so that you can remember it later. It may take several days for you to get your answer. Often I will almost forget about the dream and then be doing something totally not related to it when the answer just "pops" into my head.

Lot of people (including (my) Mister and my youngest) don't think they dream, but everyone does. It just takes some people more effort to recall them. Guided meditation helps one to learn how to recall their dreams. So does perserverance and pratice. I would love it if you shared your dreams with me, and also let me know if you have any other ideas about the meaning of the above dream of mine. Thanks!

No comments: