Sunday, July 15, 2007

Update.........................

After deciding on taking the massage class the next step was finding a hotel room to stay in. The one with vacancies close to the school was over two hundred bucks a night. While I can afford this, I choose not to spend that kind of money on a room, especially since watching one of those Dateline exposes about how the expensive hotel rooms have just as many microscopic bugs as the cheaper ones. I ended up taking a room that would require thirty minutes of driving around Chicago. This one stoplight town gal was not looking forward to this.

Long story short someone ended up cancelling for one of the spots at the school (they can house up to three people) so I won't have to drive and it is only $40 bucks a night. Feeling better and better about good things happening from taking this class. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

T-girl said...

LOL I hate driving in big cities too, I always feel like cattle!

BTW- this is why I don't watch Dateline, I worry about stuff too much as is let alone if I add to it! LOL

Patty said...

Yah I know what you mean...I still can't eat food from the grocery store delhi since they did a show on that topic!

Anonymous said...

What a deal!! After the last trip I remember you taking to Chicago this is a good thing. I love Franny's pictures and the Dr. visit story, can't wait to meet her. (ORA)

Random Musings said...

Good score!! You are going to love the drive to SD with me then....lol And Denver oh my goodness!!

Patty said...

Random, as long as you are behind the wheel I have no problems at all with traffic and/or big cities. My problem is I am too busy looking at the sights to read the signs and then miss the turn offs/exits, yadda, yadda, etc... etc...