Thursday, July 26, 2007

Continued blessings.........................................


I went to the health food store to get some food for my trip to Chicago this weekend. As I was standing in line to purchase my items the lady behind me ask me if I liked the raw food bars (think energy bars) I was getting. I told her I had not tried that kind as of yet but tried to eat mostly raw foods and was getting "convenience foods" for my trip. She first told me that she is trying to go raw, and then went on to tell me how she has faithfully eaten a green smoothie every morning for the last two years (talk about dedication!) but it was making her pee too alkaline. She wanted to know if that happen to me. I told her I didn't check my pee but instead listened to my body and gave it what it wanted (for the most part...remember how mouth likes things that are not always good for her), and that I only have green smoothies occasionally. I went on to tell her that my current fixation was for steel cut oats ( more good for you stuff than rolled oats) soaked in some water with a few raw walnuts and raw almonds. Drain the water off, add a banana for sweetness and you have a complete meal. She ask me if I would show her where they were and we had a really nice conversation on the way to get her some. She was very appreciative and we had a nice little encounter that was good for both our souls. If I wasn't taking this class, I wouldn't have been in the store, and I would have missed out on being helpful.


On a different note...........................


I received a few e-mails today from friends with variations of the same message, "Hey! Don't you have one of these?" They were referring to the news story about the cat that predicts the death of the residents in the nursing home that made headlines today.


For those of you that are new readers the e-mails I got were talking about our dear Cecil cat that passed away earlier this year. He did indeed pick up on when it was close to passing time of our hospice residents and would take up residence in their rooms, coming out only to eat and pee. Never obtrusive or in the way, he was just a calming presence along with the angel music and gathered loved ones. As soon as the person passed he would go about his business until it was time for the next one. The news story today gave me opportunity to remember our time with Cecil, and I felt blessed all over from the memories.
We miss you buddy!

No comments: