Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today is Thursday?........................

I finally came up with a petition to gather signatures of community members supportive of the off-leash dog park, and rode up-town on my bike to take some copies to my vet's office to get signatures of people bringing their animals in.

As I was riding up-town I noticed lots of people gathering in the park and I thought to myself, "wonder what is going on tonight for Jubilee" (our local/annual festival). As I continued to ride I saw kids riding in dressed up strollers and on dressed up bikes. My next thought was, "Mmmm, wonder why they are having the kids parade on Monday, it used to be on Wednesdays." It wasn't until after I dropped off the papers and was half-way back home that I realized that it was Wednesday! Yah! I've been that busy! Fortunately I read the calendar so I keep everyone on track with all of their various appointments. I guess I just look at the day next to the last day I looked at and don't pay attention to which day that is.

Can someone tell me if Robins have more than one hatching, or are they just homebodies? I had planned to take the ugly nest down from the garage, but the mother robin has taken up residence again. When the babies were growing she took off for a while, but now she (or someone that looks exactly like her) is in the nest every time I go outside. I don't want to make her homeless or anything, but I thought birds had one batch of babies in the spring and then went on with life. I didn't know they made summer homes and hung out in them until it was again time to fly south for the winter. Educate me please.

Okay, I just found a pair of glasses (well, actually my youngest found them) that had been MIA for twenty minutes. I went to clean them, got called to help someone else, and totally spaced that I was on my way to clean them and couldn't remember where I sat them down. Do ya thing I'm losing it? Na, just not used to caring for five people all at the same time. All's well that ends well, and my resident is now happily reading her newspaper, and I am on my way to throw in a load of laundry, if I can find my way to the washer that is.

No comments: