Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Poor, poor, pitiful me...............................

If not in the mood to listen to me whine I suggest you move onto your next regular read...

First off let me say I am LOVING my training in spite of the fact that lately it is kicking my a$$! I am putting in enough hours of training for the October marathon to equal at least a part time job. Not all of this is running, but I have been reading up on nutrition to run a marathon as well as other related topics. I have also been requiring more sleep to keep up with the demands on my body. I am scheduled to log 38 miles this week, and that is a lot for me.

These are all good things, but it isn't leaving me time to spend blogging and reading blogs that I used to have. I know... Sucks to be me! I just miss having this outlet for my thoughts and feelings and I really, really miss hearing about what is happening to the authors of my favorite reads. I think about yous all the time and can't wait for a spare minute to find out what you are all up to.

It probably won't be in the next day or two as I have to make scrubs for my youngest for her CENA classes that she is taking so she can work for me and get a real job working for hospice to help pay for college. I found the most adorable fabrics. They are really going to cheer up the people when she does her clinicals in the nursing home.

I had a wonderful weekend away. Part of the reason was because I had O.R.A. watching the OPs and I trust her so much that I didn't think or worry about them at all. I really felt like I was on vacation. Most of the time when I go away I am checking in so much that it is almost like working.

The trail race was even better than last year because we were returnees and knew the ropes a little better. This year turned out to be my turn to get lost in the woods, but I wasn't lost alone as another runner took the same wrong turn and he took me under his wing until we "found the way!" Due to my extra hour of running without getting anywhere it again took us thirteen hours to finish the race. We enjoyed every single second of it. Or at least I did. My oldest (who got lost on the very same leg last year) was a little freaked out during that one hour. She MUST get her type A personality from her father (ya! right!)

We ended up with two new teammates this year and they both fit in just like we had always known them. We also saw the guy that ran with us last year and it was just like a little family reunion. If you want to cultivate some really great friendships take up running.

Having (my) Mister with us at the campground was really fabulous both because we don't get to spend near enough R&R with one another but also he was a huge help with all the camping details when the rest of us were exhausted from the run.

Hope all is well with everyone, and I hope to be back soon. Love ya all!

2 comments:

Random Musings said...

13 hours?? Oh my!! I am thinking thats how long its going to take me to finish the full 26.2... Oh yeah

Patty said...

Don't worry, the bus will have hauled you off the course long before the 13 hour mark. You are going to do just fine. I think you are going to finish in between five and six hours just like me.

I was talking with someone that did the half marathon last year and she said that we finish in a stadium and after crossing the finish line she was looking around for the food, massages, and stuff and finally saw them way up at the top of the stadium with a long trail of runners slowly inching their way towards them.

I'm thinking that a banana and bagel just wouldn't be worth that climb right after running 26.2 miles but what do I know?