Monday, June 18, 2007

How was your father's day?..............................

After asking (my) Mister get up early and do the AM OP routine so I could do my long run of the week in the early hours of dawn (and ya all know the guy can't say no to any request I make of him), I tried to make his day special. I did the same for our dog Ben who is not actually a father because we were responsible pet owners. Since it isn't his fault there are no little pups around to wish him a special day I took it upon myself to shower him with little treats and extra pats on the head. I even tucked him in with (my) Mister to take an afternoon nap. The two of them were pretty cute laying there together, but don't tell them I said that. We don't need those two getting bigger egos than they already have.

I made steak and cake for father's day dinner (because that was what was picked, not because it rhymes but did you notice?) that was reported to be "wonderful" ( I didn't try any of either).

Ya! I know he is not my father (and told him so several times yesterday), but (my) Mister is a pretty great guy, and definitely one of a kind. I try and let him know on a regular basis how important he is to me and how much I appreciate having him in my world. Still, it never hurts to suck up a little more on the Hallmark holidays (though come to think of it I didn't purchase one of those overpriced cards for him). Especially when you are as spoiled as I am. Besides it is good for the soul to nurture others. See...It IS all about me!

4 comments:

Therapist Mumbles said...

Sounds good, being nice to each other, and the dog too. Don't read about that in many places. God to see.

And a Warren Zevon fan too.

Patty said...

Welcome Dear Therapist,

Not that I am seeking free advise, but what does it say that I felt a little nervous when I saw that you had left me a comment? Probably because I respect your writing and look up to your thougths and ideas.

I have no clue about the Warren Zevon comment, but I will hopefully have time to goggle him and "get it."

And thanks for the compliment.

Daniele said...

Nice Patty. I am sure your Mister appreciates it :)

Patty said...

He is EXTREAMELY appreciative of me AND all of my talents!