Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So, Fred is staying home for the time being......................................

If you haven't read the comments from the last post, I will fill you in on the e-mail I received from (my) Mister yesterday morning. Don't tell his boss, but he got on line and found a bunch of systems to build an outdoor space for Fred so that he can be happy, roam, and stay safe.

Yes, Fred has purred his way into (my) Mister's heart, but it is much more than that. He is doing all this for me (and our youngest). Call him old fashioned, but in his world a guy takes care of his family. He fixes their problems and rights the wrongs done to them. He has defined himself as our hero, and this Fred fiasco has him shining up his sword and armor.

That's the really wonderful thing about love and commitment, be it partnership, work relationship, or friendship. If the parties involved can define and carry out those two things to the fullest, ego tends to take a back seat.

Some of our biggest fights have been over stupid things like me insisting that he cut drywall a certain way (like I know about construction), or the way he files (I should say DOESN'T file) things. Just yesterday I was snipping at him because he didn't record a debit purchase in the checkbook. Will I ever learn?

Yet, the big things have never been a source of tension for the two of us. We have never fought over money, child raising, or religion. Okay, the kids were pretty much raised by the time we met, and both of us are following a spiritual path and have no need to attend a church, but still... We support each other's dreams. Never once has he degraded my crazy dreams and ideals, instead embracing them and telling me that he knows I will do anything I put my heart and soul in. And I tell him that he better support me or I won't be letting him ride on my coattails once I am rich and famous!

My point? Take a peek at your relationships. Do any of them need polishing? Is your relationship garden in need of weeding, to help it flourish and bloom? Trust me when I say if you make the effort it will be you that comes out the winner. Approach a problem with love and you will receive a miracle for sure.

There is a poem that goes along the lines of, If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you it is yours. If it doesn't it never was. First I have to tell you that one of the creepy guys I used to date sent me this poem and told me he wrote it. I bought it hook line and sinker, and then one day I read it in a published book. Yah! I was that good at picking men back then. My point is, I made the choice to do what I felt was best for Fred, out of love and compassion, and because of another person's love and compassion towards me I got my Freddy boy back. Miracles DO happen every day! Be on the look out and enjoy yours today.

6 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

We won't even talk about "winners" Idated. I had a knack 4 finding the mentally disturbed!!!!LOL

The Girl Next Door said...

I FOUND MY KEYBOARD!!!! Someone hid it and I was typing on the one that is missing buttons hence the short message above... don't ask it really is not worth knowing unless you want to laugh yourself silly... which for the sake of my pride you don't! ;)

I am SO happy your kitty get's to keep you and your Mister too, as let's face it, the tears of two women in mourning may have hastened the problem solving time frame. LOL I think it is sweet, definitly the pick of the litter!

Patty said...

Just like all of us, he really blossoms when he can fill a need and make a difference.

Last I knew there were only two of you living there, and you didn't say Joci took it. We'll just leave it at glad you found it!

Anonymous said...

Your mister is worth his weight in gold as they say... I've read countless posts of yours which prove that he is a fantastic mate and the two of you are a great team.

The Girl Next Door said...

Hum? No need to point that out! Will you believe the cat did it? It was the cat I tell you the cat! LOL

So how is our little felon these days? Is he doing better since he was sprung from the clink? Has he learned to to "behave" properly at the neighbors or has he had to return to the slammer? Sigh, you know... he even has the prison strips... which I might point out so does my cat so based on my arguement above he is already heading for a life of crime in petty theft. Kids... what do you do with them?

Hoping all is well with your and your little guy

Patty said...

I've pointed out many times that he is already dressed for prision so he had better be careful. Fortunately, they don't run chain gangs in our neck of the woods.

The first outdoor space (my) Mister is going to create is going to go out our emergancy exit window in the basement. It will go up to the ground, and then out to a fenced area that we never use. Chicken wire to close out the top of the fence ought to give the kitties a nice space to get the house stink off. I will try and post pictures when it gets finished.