Saturday, July 19, 2008

Going to a wedding...........................


This picture was forwarded to me by Dee. I am ALMOST ashamed that I find the photo funny. One should not make light of divorce right? Especially someone that has been through it twice, right? But if we can't laugh at ourselves...

Oh! Yes, There were times when I would have happily taken the above brides place. I am grateful those years are behind me. (Yes, Mister, you can relax. It's NOT about you.)

The wedding we are going to this afternoon is the first among our circle of friends. The bride and groom are in their mid and late twenties respectively, and I wish for them not only a magical day today, but everyday they share as husband and wife.

I have been told it is to be a BIG, FAT Greek wedding, and will be my first. I shall let you know if it was anything like the movie. Of course, since I turn into a pumpkin after eight in the evening I will probably miss all the good stuff. Such is life for someone that doesn't get out much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still think the pics are hilarious. My favourite ones were the ones where she's pushed him off the cake and there is a trail of blood all the way down one side of the cake. Brilliant!
Hope you enjoy the wedding.

The Girl Next Door said...

OMG! Is it wrong I find that so hysterical... and kind of insulting to women in one of those funny kind of ways? Talk about I am woman hear me roar! LOL

So, was it a "Big Fat Greek Wedding" or just a big fat Greek Wedding? I can't wait to hear about it. I am half Italian and half Irish... I am assuming it is something along those lines... big, dramatic and just a little scary! LMAO

Just watch the grapa that stuff will kill you, or at least make you wish it had, and I have never met a Greek who did not pull it out for every occasion! LOL

The Girl Next Door said...

I forgot to say... don't bring a bunt cake and if you just have to... make sure to bring a plant, it is just a simple kindness to bride after all! LOL God I LOVE that movie!!!!!