Monday, May 12, 2008

Update......................

Remember the post in which I shared my brush with identity thief? The post that mysteriously disappeared.

Well, I held my thoughts of resolution of the situation, and am happy to report that the money has been credited back to my account.

I am not sure how much I shared about the letter I faxed to continue the process of denial of the purchase, but in that letter I shared how I have never purchased or played a computer game and that I would be happy to submit my computer or any computer in my household to the bank so they could look for computer games. At the end of that paragraph I put, " Now if it had been a shoe purchase..."

Towards the end of last week I received the exact same paper work that I had first received from the bank telling me they had determined the purchase valid. I contacted the bank and told them I had not only faxed a letter, but had followed up and been told the fax had been received, and I had no idea why I was getting a copy of the paperwork they had already sent to me. Long story short, the lady I talked to actually did her job, looked me up and found that no fax had been recorded. Then she told me, "Fax it again, and I will call you back when I get it." Talk about doing one's job above and beyond! Then she called me back and told me the person "handling" my case was not in this day, and I had not signed the letter (had typed my name, but forgot to sign), but as soon as I did and faxed it back, her manager would credit the money back to my account. Not sure I heard correctly, but not wanting to question my good fortune of the other person being sick and my case going to the higher court so to speak, I told her thanks and faxed the signed letter pronto. Yesterday when I checked my balance there was the money, right back where it belonged.

Happy as I am, and let me tell you I feel blessed and grateful beyond belief, but I still have a few questions. I don't understand what if anything in my letter caused the change of feeling with the manager, or did she just not want to have to deal with it on a Friday afternoon? My big question is this still does nothing to discover who committed the fraud in the first place, thus does nothing to stop him/her from doing it again. I still have no idea of what else can be done to stop this person from doing this to others, and that was my main intent in pushing my point of innocence.

For now the money sits in my account waiting for it to be needed to help out another deal with a fraudulent situation as I pledged the money to that purpose upon its return. I continue to hold the intent that the person responsible for the Internet purchase will be brought to light and any further crimes against others by this person will be stopped. I will be sure and keep you informed of any further updates.

3 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

Well the reason why they gave it back is unimportant, the fact they did is what counts. personally I think many times it is because I am tenatious, most people walk away at the first no, it is like a test of some sort and they just want me to GO AWAYS! ROTFL

I commented on your wt gain post also, just so you know. I always forget to check my other posts and like a month later go "oh, someone commented!" ROTFL

Also, I have had no answer to my EM's from Angel, not sure what to do! Can you help? ROTFL

Patty said...

I have one in to her as well. Let's see if she writes me today and if not I will send you her phone number.

Patty said...

P.S.

My comments are e-mailed to me so I always know when I get one. There is something on the blog that you can click to receive them.