Monday, May 26, 2008

Neighborhood Potty............................

As our downstairs bathroom remodel progressed it was time to toss out the old toilet. It was actually loaded into the dumpster when my youngest told me the neighbor down the road told her she was looking for a toilet for her back yard. Since I am all about recycling, we hauled it out and down to her.

The best part of the story is how it came to us in the first place.

When we moved into our house (nineteen years ago) another family moving into our basement at the same time. So they didn't have to come upstairs to use the facilities I wanted to put a toilet and sink downstairs. As luck would have it, the neighbors to the side of us were doing a bathroom remodel at that time and were happy to pass on the old stool, sink, and medicine cabinet (the ones original to their house when it was built twenty years prior) for us to use.

So, now three neighborhood homes are linked by the lineage of a toilet, and we are taking bets to see what happens to the toilet twenty years from now?

Gives a whole new meaning to "flower pot" doesn't it?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a book idea to me....

Patty said...

Run with it Maria,

I can't seem to find the time to write the two books I am suppose to be writing now.

You can fly out and do research on the neighborhood and we could meet one another. I like that idea.