Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Running the Mighty Mac....................................

I haven't talked much about running lately because I haven't done much of it truth be told. Early in the spring I did a run that allowed me to enter a lotto to run across the Mackinaw bridge. They have been doing a walk (not allowing anyone to run for safety reasons) across for the past fifty years, and five years ago added a run limited to three hundred people.

Anyway, I was chosen this year to participate and had a great time doing so. The distance was about four and a half miles and since it was recreational, and I never remember to turn on/off my stop watch, I have no official finishing time Who cares? I finished and had fun. That makes me a winner.


A fellow fun-loving participant snapped this picture of me just as the sun was coming up.


Pretty big bridge isn't it?


Oh! Ya! The whole thing is part of the Governor's counsel on physical fitness, and our current governor is the one that started the run as she herself is a runner. The week of the race I got an e-mail from favorite coffee place that ask for vacation pictures sporting your coffee cup. The pictures are entered into a monthly drawing to win a month's worth of free coffee. After the race I ask Ms. Governor herself to pose with me to give me an edge towards winning. Yup, I am the one with her hair plastered to her forehead like a bad-bowl-cut-gone-wrong, and the blond in the red shirt is the very supportive, accommodating governor of my state.

I am so going to win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for you!!! Good job on the pic. with my boss too! Glad you had a good time and that is all that matters. Take care. (ORA)

Patty said...

Too bad they don't let regular people vote, but then I would be taking up too much free time soliciting votes for a few cups of free coffee so I guess it is just as well.

Like most things in my life, it is the experience I value not the outcome.